Monday, September 8, 2014

September is Here

     It's September. High school softball is ending and high school football is beginning. The NFL is beginning the journey towards another Super Bowl and college football is starting a new era with a four-team playoff to decide their champion. That also means that we're coming to the first wave of tests of the semester. 

     It seems like the days drag on forever, the weeks skip by quickly, the months are in slow motion, and the year itself somewhere between "It's already (month)?!" and "Well, huh....it's that time again." (Rabbit trail about the weirdness of time over now.) 

     There's been a lot going on in the world that needs prayer. It's been kind of a long week, but not much has happened. The DeSpains came over after church this afternoon, there was a kind of book-discussion and we played volleyball(they won in three sets). 

     Biology is coming along, I have an 86 at the moment, which I'm not too happy with, but there's still a lot of the semester to go. And I'm trying as hard as I can in that, so we'll see what happens by December. Government and Word start next Monday, and then when those end I turn right around and start Photoshop. 

     Still no clear ideas about what to do next in spring and next year. I think with the MassComm classes I've already taken I might could just make that a minor and be done with that part, if I didn't keep that as my major. And I'd have at least nine hours of English down already if I went down that route. Think I've looked at the website of nearly every school in eastern Oklahoma, western Arkansas, southeast Kansas and southwest Missouri. 
     The current options and rough estimates of odds look like this: "Return to NSU"(possible), "Stay home and keep doing online through somewhere for one more semester"(more unlikely, but possible), "Go south to Ada at East Central"(maybe?), "Go north to Claremore at Rogers State"(maybe? Considered going there originally), "Go west to Edmond at UCO"(not likely, but could happen), "Go to Joplin at Missouri Southern"(longshot) and "Go to Springfield at Drury"(extreme longshot). Kind of interesting, though not important at all - besides NSU's RiverHawks and UCO's Bronchos, all those those other schools' mascots are feline in nature(Drury's Panthers, ECU's Tigers, RSU's Hillcats and MSSU's Lions).   

     About halfway through Jan Karon's new book, which is good. Not quite as good as most of the others, but still very gripping and character-driven. (But then again, it's new. I haven't even finished the first reading, much less the sixth, as necessary to really get into everything.) But it's great to be back in Mitford and see everybody again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment