Friday, October 17, 2014

Full Swing into Fall 2014

     Well, my four-week classes are over now. I got an A in government and (I think?) an A in Word, but that final grade hasn't come in yet. Starting to get the hang of where the tools are in Photoshop; which might be a cool class, we'll see. Biology is coming along slowly.

     We went to Fayetteville to go see Nano last Sunday. That was kind of a somber time. And Northwest Arkansas sometimes feels like a different planet. (And not just because it felt almost SWAT-like finding the exact location of the hospice.)

     Speaking of BCM folks, they seem to be hanging in there, based on reports from Daniel P. and Elizabeth. So that's good, I guess.

     Filed the paperwork for graduation through TCC for an Associate's the other day last week, and was accepted to RSU.

     Texted Daniel last weekend, it was good to hear from him. And talked with Ash for about a half hour today. In other SGYC news, Shari's wedding is tomorrow, and Caleb's already looking forward to next year.

     Mom's been on a "Parks and Recreation" kick; I've only seen a few episodes, but I think I'd like it if I went through them all. I watched Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure the other night and really liked it. Also watched The Karate Kid(liked that too) and Days of Thunder(which was rather boring). So that's about what's been Netflixed recently. (Yes, I know "Netflixed" is not a word, technically. But it's an action akin to "Googled", so... And also, I've mixed AP and MLA styling in this paragraph. Oh well.)
     Eagerly looking forward to Age of Ultron and the Netflix shows in summer. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is off to a terrific start, really great acting and good writing. (Spoilers are HYDRA, so....if you want more info, watch the show.)

     In sports news, Kevin Durant fractured his foot in practice last week, and he'll be out for six to eight weeks. (Cue widespread panic throughout Oklahoma generally and Thunder fans in particular.) The Royals defeated the Orioles and the Giants topped the Cardinals, so I'm pulling for Kansas City once the World Series gets underway on Tuesday night. So long as Missouri wins, it's cool. Hopefully there won't be any wild plays like this and I won't catch any sinus infections. High school football is rolling along as usual for local schools.

     The weather has been really warm for fall, but it's nice. (Low 80's, high 70's for daytime highs, mid-to-low 40's at night.) Lots of sunshine, trees beginning to drop their leaves, so some indefinable creative spark lights up in people, and I'm doing homework most of the day. Nonfiction no-textbook reading recently has been mostly on movie industry, specifically screenwriting. And this month's saturation Bible book is Ruth, because it's short and easy to flip through on my phone's Bible app. At least, I think that's the reason, I'm never really sure how I pick the books each month. Haven't been able to keep up reading every day, but this year I've gotten a lot more time in the Scriptures than I would have otherwise. Still haven't found my Bible yet.

     So that's pretty much it for this update.

No comments:

Post a Comment