Saturday, September 30, 2017

Wake Me Up

     September is ending, thus this post's title.

     The book sale was this weekend; it was a pretty good haul, about 160 books for about $100, all together. My favorite find was an unabridged Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm (Kate Douglas Wiggins), though we also found copies of Bram Stoker's Dracula and Willa Cather's My Antonia. 

     Dad was on a business trip to D.C. this week, thus incrementally progressing mine and Ashland's master plan of getting every citizen to visit there, haha. 

     Rewriting projects isn't usually quite as interesting as the rough draft, but they're some of the most important steps.

     Got my roughly-twice-a-year haircut a couple weeks ago, still haven't gotten used to it yet.

     We finally finished running through Parks and Recreation, which was sad. And Netflix yanked Friday Night Lights, which was a little disappointing.
      In movie news, Mom and Courtney hated La La Land's ending, though I felt like it was right for the story. Most of the time dreams don't work out, so of course Sebastian and Mia couldn't stay together. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was fun, though Mulan was strange. The new Emma Watson-led Beauty and the Beast remake is much better than I expected so far. (I usually watch movies in halves when watching by myself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment