Tuesday, February 13, 2018

This Scene Is a Rerun

     Stop me if I've written this scene before: Wes is wide-awake while the rest of the world is asleep, listening to Spotify while working on a blog post trying to figure out what's on his mind, because he is an INFJ, and that's part of INFJ-ness. It's cold, and it's been a frustrating though semi-productive day, following another difficult weekend where all his nerves stood on end and howled.
      Restless, sad, lonely, hopeless and pissed off at something unidentifiable, that's usual territory. 
      Taylor Swift's "Never Grow Up" is the current song playing, and he's hoping his nieces are doing well, while trying to not to remember that he and Sam were at one point going to record a cover of that song.
   
     The Olympics have been watched a lot, both actually-watched and background-noise-while-reading. This hasn't been a very good month for reading, though I did dive back through Much Ado because it'd been too long since I'd read Shakespeare. Catcher in the Rye was just as stupid as Crick and Beatrix thought it was - I should've listened to them. Smart characters. I wonder pretty often what happened to them, if the dude who wrote Tent City knows what happened to them.
     RSU Theater's Original Recipe shows are running this weekend. They should be good.
     Fiction just isn't happening, I think because just the mundaneity of everyday survival is taking too much energy. Texaco Mornings will run in early March, if things go right, and I still want to explore those characters deeper by translating the script into prose, but again, that would be fiction. Susan likes the characters, though, so that's good.

      My laptop battery is mostly dead, so I'm waiting on the new one to arrive. This will be the third time I've replaced it, I think. And I've replaced the keyboard twice. It was roughly a year old when I got it.
     The internet has been sporadically working lately, including an hours-long stretch this afternoon, which meant I barely made deadline for my Frontstretch column running tomorrow morning.
     I've kind of given up on job hunting because of the deafening silence in response to emails and questionnaires 

     The Eagles' "Desperado" has been a Song of the Day, as has Garth Brooks' "What She's Doing Now."

No comments:

Post a Comment