Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Things I'm Thankful For

   There's kind of been a lot on my mind here these last few days. Sort of unsettled and just not right. So I'm hoping listing some of the things I'm thankful for might help turn things around. Let's see...


  • I'm thankful that the weather's cooled down, that's nice. 
  • I'm glad that I can blast music to drown out irritating neighbors. (Okay, my definition of "blasting music" is turning the CD player up to half-strength, but still, you get the point.)
  • Football season is here!!!! And for the opportunities to learn new things like how to operate scoreboards. 
  • Glad that God gives us the strength and whatever tools we need to get by each day. That's really something to be grateful for. 
  • That I'm getting to learn things from my textbooks and teachers, and that I can learn how to deal with people, in whatever form they may come in, unusual or crazy as it might be. And for the teachers I've had before, too. 
  • Thankful that I have relatives nearby to check on me or help with errands. 
  • Really thankful for wise, godly friends that God's given me, and for their well-timed encouragement and advice. 
  • I can see the world, and everything in it. That's a huge blessing we don't realize often enough. 
  • For the fact that there's families; and all the things that come with that. That your little siblings miss you, and that they're just a phone call away. That other families you know invite a near-stranger to spend the day with them, that was really nice. It wasn't mine, but it was just good to be in that environment again, even if it was just as a visitor. 
  • There's animals; dogs, cats, guinea pigs, rabbits, goats, chickens, squirrels, horses, whatever, to be around, and for the comfort and love they provide. 
  • That we can praise God through song. 
  • That the financial stuff is being taken care of, so I don't have to worry about it(too much). 
  • For good food. 
  • That we can pray for others and know they're praying for us, too. That's a great help. 
   I think it might've worked. At least a little bit. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment