Sunday, June 23, 2013

Summertime

     Not much has been happening lately. Not anything that is newsworthy, anyway. Only everyday tasks like the never-ending war with the ever-multiplying horde of flies, dealing with the heat of summer, dishes and laundry to wash, those types of things.

     Worked with Dad selling wireless internet over the weekend, it was all right. We talked to about ten or so people in two days, some of whom seemed to be seriously interested.

     The NBA Finals were a little tough to watch. Basketball may be a collision sport, but there's no tackling allowed. However, if it's possible that's it fixed, which seems like it perhaps might be, then it's overlooked, so long as the offenders are from Miami. I really dislike LeBron James and Co., just sayin'.

     The Stanley Cup Final has been terrific so far. Chicago's fast, fluid style, with its emphasis on clean passing, is great to watch, just as Boston's bashing of their opponents exemplifies the Eastern Conference's way of playing. Makes a good contrast. And a lot of overtimes.

     There was a get-together kind of deal at the Fergusons' on Friday night, I think it was the first time I'd been to their house since the CVS Scotch-Tape Incident. Not sure on that, but maybe. Anyway, it went pretty well, about fifty people showed up, the younger kids wound up soaking each other in a gigantic water-fight. Talked with Dylan about sports, his dad Derek and Steven got to reminiscing about their college experiences. I'm thankful I know godly men like them, John Dugas or Mr. Gundersen. Good to talk with, all of them, able to give wise advice or a different perspective that I hadn't thought of.

     Been tagging along as a "visitor", in a way, to the Wednesday night youth group Bible-study sessions, the Coxes seem to enjoy that, and Courtney keeps pestering me into it. And Josh and Dylan feel kind of out-of-place, with the core of the group being middle-school girls now. And it's good to soak up as much good teaching as I can before heading back to Tahlequah, right?

     School starts in two months; I'll be taking fifteen hours, in Publication Editing, Intro to Psychology, Intro to Literature, Latin I and Basic Nutrition. Not sure how that will go, but we'll see.

     Finally thought of a name for my mandolin: Summertime. (It only took more than a year...) Playing Abby Lee as well, and my still-nameless electric guitar.

     Camp plans are being finalized, the last registration forms are coming in,, and details being wrapped up. I'll be a counselor this year; whatever adventures and lessons the Lord will use for me to learn or teach are yet to be discovered. It'll be different, but in some ways the same as last year, I think.

     That's about it for now. Maybe something interesting will have happened by the next time I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment