Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Nearly the End of Another Semester

     For most of last week, it seems like not much has gone quite right. Much too exhausted to be productive, but far too stressed to relax and rest. Frequently waking up during the night, turning sleep into a loose collection of half-hour episodes(typically featuring strange intense and instantly-forgotten dreams).

     American Idol is no more. That really hasn't set it just yet. Trent won, beating La'Porsha, Dalton finished third, Mackenzie fourth and Sonika fifth.

    Tales From Tent City turned out pretty well; the first night of the first weekend was a little rough, Friday night went spectacularly well, and Saturday night was a bit of a mixed bag. I completely forgot a line during the end of a key scene, but thankfully "Fine," if huffed in frustration, works well when ad-libbing at moving the scene along. Kessiah just ran with it and we finished the scene without trouble. What audience there has been have really liked it a lot; but there wasn't been that many IN the audience.14 people on Thursday, 23 on Friday and 13 on Saturday. We think the entire audience opening night was composed of friends-and-relations.
    I wrote a promo piece to generate some interest, which I think worked pretty well. It's gotten 188 pageviews, at least, which for such a small local production isn't too bad. Maybe that played some role in the second weekend's audiences, which were (by Keirstine's count) 40-plus on Thursday, 35-plus on Friday, and 40-plus on Saturday. That second Thursday something was a little off chemistry-wise we couldn't figure out, but things improved the next night, and though I felt I did terribly on Saturday, overall it went well. In eight weeks, we went from reading the script to putting on the world premiere of that show, which is pretty amazing.
     Crick was a very interesting character to play, but he was also an exhausting one. But I think the play overall really stuck with people, so that's what we were hoping for. The cast was easy to work with; I heard somebody report that the makeup artist said she'd never seen a cast working that well together the week before showtime. Everyone went over to Zach and Charli's apartment after the show on Saturday, Autumn and I being assigned a Reasor's stop for Coke and Dr. Pepper on the way over. Then we all played with their dogs Piper and Gruber/"Ranger" and watched the Tobey Maguire movie Cats and Dogs, which I had always wanted to see ever since it came out when I was eight. (I liked it as much as I thought I would.)

     Friday morning I got this email from a girl named Kelsey I'd had a couple classes with before, asking if I'd help with filming a student profile that was part of the final project for Mr. Williams' documentary class. So we did that interview Monday afternoon, and it went pretty well, though it was strange to be on the lens-end of the camera.
     Also got tired of people asking when I was gonna get a haircut, so I walked down to Supercuts and got a haircut Monday morning, which I'm not too thrilled with, but then again I dislike haircuts in general.

     The weather has been extremely rainy, which has been kind of nice. Good weather to walk through. There was a Claremore-Pryor girls' high school soccer game at the field last night, so I watched the first half and listened to the parents talk amongst themselves. (Claremore was leading 4-0 by halftime, and it was a pretty dirty game.) Then I went to the Chi Alpha meeting, which was fine.
     Last night's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was another great (and very big) episode, as all three season's 17th episode have been, come to think of it. Things are coming full circle that started at the very beginning of the series, which makes me wonder what storylines will be explored in season 4. It's roughly two weeks until Captain America: Civil War, so that's pretty exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment