Sunday, January 15, 2017

Getting Set for the Last Lap

     It's been raining all day/night, and there is a foggy haze coating everything. That's what the weather looks like outside. Inside, I've been taking amoxocillin and ibeprofen to get over whatever sickness I caught a little bit ago. The people at the urgent care were like, "Well, it's not strep, but we have no idea."

      Pandora is tuned into my country station, the current song playing right now is Rodney Atkins's "If You're Going Through Hell." That was one of the ones I included in my freshman year playlist, so it seems appropriate, given that this is the first post of my final semester of college.
     "It feels like you've been in school for forever!" Ashland texted me one spring weekend night sophomore year. I was walking back from finishing an order of onion rings at Boomerang, because that was a very welcoming creative environment, not to mention an amazing restaurant. That was also the day that she'd learned she was accepted to the Missouri State honors program, which is why she texted me in the first place. It did feel like that, though. And it really does now, too.

     The Master's Hardware building collapsed last night, according to the Tahlequah Daily Press. Master's Hardware finally closed up shop last year, which is sad. Bob and Deb are on a mission trip to Haiti right now. Susan will be graduating this semester, too.

     Read through At Home in Mitford again because Mitford's a good place to be. And add the North Carolina Appalachians to the places I'd like to see. Courtney will hopefully be working there over the summer at Snowbird, doing the same stuff that Laura did last summer.  
     Bennett went back to Fayetteville yesterday, so his dog Bullet is asking for cuddles from everybody else, according to Facebook. Also in the "Sad Pets" category: When Rags saw all the boxes being used for packing stuff, she just wilted in disappointment.

     Agents of S.H.I.I.E.L.D. started up again Tuesday night, and while tweeting reactions (which I usually do), Elizabeth Henstridge favorited and retweeted one of them. That was wild, but cool.   

     My classes this semester will be Capstone, Creative Writing for the Popular Market (genre fiction), Gothic Film and Literature and Psychology of the Criminal Mind (there weren't many choices to pick from, and I needed one more class).  Not sure how this will go, but it's only four months. I mean, I've done it this long.

     What comes next? No idea. Please stop asking. Maybe grad school comes later on in the future, I don't know. But it doesn't right now, because there's no way I could handle the stress - I've barely handled the stress right now.

     Carl Edwards retired from NASCAR, which was unexpected but not unwelcome. He always seemed too much like Leave It To Beaver's Eddie Haskell to be a fan of. The Chargers are moving back to Los Angeles, where they started in 1960. And the Raiders are moving to Las Vegas in the near future. The Super Bowl will be the winners of Steelers-Patriots and Packers-Falcons, none of which I care about.

    That's all, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment