Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Middle of April

     Classes are going okay. Had to draw a four-panel scene from a comic strip for yesterday's Pop Market, it was heavily inspired by Peanuts, both in tone and appearance, because I can't draw very well. (Though I also never remember to practice, so that's kind of my own fault.) Mostly been researching for an essay - probably on southern gothic storytelling - due next week, so that means reading a lot of Flannery O'Connor. She makes my brain hurt sometimes, cause she was so deep, but it's interesting.
     Helped some people from the Psychology Department on a research project they're doing on cognition, it was about mentally doing math as quickly as possible. The presentations for the Psychology of the Criminal Mind started this afternoon, and I already have two examples to look further into to use in some way, maybe. Ran into Cody as he was getting out of class, and we ran by McDonald's before rehearsal, then killed time until it started by running lines with Keirstine.

     Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s latest episode was another really great one, with everyone playing the Framework versions of themselves. Iain de Caesticker can play a very jarringly evil Fitz. And we got to meet Mack's daughter Hope.
     Recent Songs of the Day... Woke up this morning with Alan Jackson's "Drive (For Daddy Gene)" playing, and for most of the night it's been the AJ part from the Zac Brown Band-Alan Jackson collaboration "As She's Walkin' Away." Think I'm going to start a weekly cover video series like Jon used to do, so I started with Diamond Rio's "Meet in the Middle" yesterday afternoon. It's not a great cover, but you have to start somewhere....besides, that's one that needs drums, and so one guitar can only do so much. And then a lot of impressions: Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, Miranda Lambert, Billy Ray Cyrus, Scotty McCreery, Josh Turner, Brett Eldredge, Blake Shelton, Garth Brooks, Collin Raye, Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan. Not exactly meaning to do impressions, although that's fun, but it's kind of an unconscious thing that I pick up unconsciously.
     Rehearsals for Tom Sawyer are going about as well as expected. Our assistant director Brittany keeps having to remind me to project more and to aim my dialogue at the audience, but that are always the things I need to work on. At some point during a break David (our director) was talking to somebody and I just caught the word "marriage," pronounced, of course, as "Mehwaage," because everyone loves The Princess Bride. So I teleport across the stage and launch into the full monologue of the Impressive Clergyman, because I have to do that if anything related to The Princess Bride comes up. And I got a lot of compliments on my impression, which was cool.

     The NHL playoffs have begun, so that's pretty exciting. The first game of the Blues-Wild series is on in the living room right now, and the San Jose-Edmonton game is on the other channel. Also, Russell Westbrook just broke Oscar Robertson's record for most triple-doubles in one season, which is also pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment