Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Changes

     I changed the layout and design of the blog a few weeks ago. It just looked a little plain and boring. (And sort of like the Mom Blog...) Just...not quite right. Light blue background on white-white space made for a little trouble reading it sometimes.

     So I went with sort of a darker color scheme, fitting the title. (After all, the quote came from the man in black.) The header's font is the closest I could find to my actual handwriting, and I liked the marker-like look of the background info. 

    If I could figure out how to link photos into posts, I probably would start doing that, or that nifty trick of turning text into a link.

    Things haven't really changed this semester, really. Thankful there's only seven weeks left. I was walking in a chilly drenching rain on my way to math class one day in late January, passed a place where my dad used to live. That's when I was suddenly hit by this thought: You don't have to relive other people's experiences. You can live your own life. You have a way of doing just about everything in different ways than what's normal, and it's all right if that includes college, too.

     So, this semester I've just kind of been trying to figure out exactly how to thrive, it hasn't gone so well so far. Course, just surviving has been tough at times. Found a group of Christians seeking to grow at the BCM, people seem friendly and real, and, most amazing, I can't slip out unnoticed. There's usually a "See ya, Wes!" as I head out the door. It isn't exactly GBC, and it's not quite SGYC, but it's near both of them. If there's anybody of the Race of Joseph around this campus, I'm guessing they might be involved in some way. Last night I was being friendly-pestered to try out for the worship band. We'll see, haha.

     Not really loving any of my classes this semester, so it's a little hard to stay motivated to study. I hit this wall; past it, I just can't go any farther, I don't care. I'm not scared to death any longer, which isn't exactly a good thing, because that fear acted as rocket fuel to succeed. And the sunshine...even if it is cold(er), I still want to be out in it, away from these confining prison-like walls and everything else indoors. 
     Most of my energy this semseter has gone into looking for ways to survive in a world you dislike but are stuck in for the near future. Not really an easy task. The weather's been sort of bad pretty often, so I haven't really been running. I've gotten sick more times than I can remember, so that adds to the not running and general blah-ness. There hasn't really been any sports to go see, or anything like that. Don't really have time to read for pleasure, which is disappointing and depressing. And I've had a massive case of writer's block, so I haven't been able to work on spinning any new fiction tales.

     But there is American Idol, the occasional discussions about it with the Wichita Gang, Morgan's, Stranger, country music, visitng with family, and visits back to GBC, those are all good things. Almost a year since we went to Louisville...lot's happened since then.
And a ton has happened since that night on Dad's birthday eight years ago, where we were sitting in the family room eating pizza and watching the Arizona-Illinois NCAA Tournament game, when Mom called, and said...

...

Gosh I miss Mimi.... Maybe I should call Nano. Or do math homework. Or get started on writing that essay. Or go grocery shopping. SOMETHING to stay busy and keep from thinking so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment