Wednesday, April 3, 2013

American Idol Season 12 Top Seven - Rock Classics Night

Tonight was awesome - especially the "no ballads" rule. Course, I like old rock music, so that was neat. Lots of good quotes tonight.
Loved the intro, Mariah kinda looked like a statue, the girls were matching again...that was still weird...
Burnell Taylor - "You Give Love a Bad Name", Bon Jovi - They were making fun of his accent, that was hilarious. And that thing with his hands. And the cackle... Candice: "Is that his real laugh? I asked him one time. Cause it sounds like he's dying." He kinda was, though, when it came to the song...far too prettyboy for this one. The sparkly glitter on his sleeves? He was totally lost, mumbling all through, and flat. (Or at least that's what I heard. TV was messing up again.) Overall, it was hysterically awful.
Keith, once he'd finally choked back the laughter: "I'm gonna assume rock isn't your thing..."
Nicki: "You reminded me of a teddy bear, and I just wanted to hug you."
Angie and Lazaro - "Crazy Little Thing Called Love", Queen - Good most of the way through. Angie was shouting, Lazaro missed lyrics, it was very showy, but it fit the song.
Nicki: "That was, ummm.....nice. It was fun to watch, at least."
Keith: "You achieved that variety-show effect you were shooting for very well."
Kree Harrison - "Piece of My Heart", Janis Joplin - Everybody teasing "Mom", talking about how she's such a hugger and knows everyone on the planet, and their kids and dogs and sisters and cousins once removed... Song was right up her alley, she rocked it. She's a pro. TML was the only criticism I could think of.
Keith: "I can't critique a woman who irons everybody's shirts...but how hard was it to perform in those boots?"
"Well, not too hard...but I've got a pinched nerve, so that's kinda hurting, made it a bit tough." "Aha...knew it was something..."
Nicki, interrupting: "Girl, you could've had a pinched nerve, you could've got on my nerves, you could've got on several nerves, I wouldn't care. That was magnificent."
Burnell and Candice - "The Letter", by Someone - It's a weird, creepy song, Phillip did a better job. Candice was shouting and angry, (who's surprised?) but the harmony part was almost good.
Janelle Arthur - "You May Be Right", Billy Joel - She's horse-in-the-yard country, that girl you see in a cornfield somewhere, who talks constantly as if she's in a soap opera... She had fun. The verses were good, the chorus not so much.
Keith: "I LOVE those boots!"
"Thanks. I thought they fit rock week well, since they're all stoned."
Nicki, to Keith: "You can't talk about fashion, I'm the girl. And you stole my line. I was gonna say that I loved those boots!"
The fringe that Randy thought was so neat looked stupid, I loved how he was wearing her vest and Nicki her boots after the commercial break.
Lazaro Arbos - "We Are the Champions", Queen - Ricky Ricardo wears brighter colors than most girls...maybe all that ice cream at work got to him? And those Dramatic Poses...hahaha. I loved this. Seriously, the only thing I wrote down in my notebook was "YES." Looked a little like Fonzie (if the Fonz ever wore a bowtie.) That was, I think, even better than Michael Johns' version.
Keith: "That was a GREAT song choice. And then you did that matador thing at the end, (Australian guy doing a bad Spanish accent) 'I am done with the song.'"
Amber, Janelle and Kree - "It's Still Rock'n'Roll to Me", Billy Joel - Nice, overall. They were working together well, it was a nice song. Amber wasn't that good, Janelle was worse.
Nicki: "It put me to sleep, that was SO CHEESY."
Candice Glover - "I Can't Get No Satisfaction", the Rolling Stones - The best part was the guitar solos. It was very boring.
Nicki: "I fell asleep on this one, too." And then the Ancient Booer impersonation...wonderful. "So bow, bow down to her if you want..."
Amber Holcomb - "What About Love", Heart - She talks to herself. Incessantly takes selfies. I like the song, it was a passably good karoke version, but the SCREAMING....! The best part was seeing Hollie in the audience.
Angie Miller - "Bring Me to Life", Effervesence - She has the eyes of Medusa, apparently, and looks like a retarded seal when excited about something. Amber: "I wouldn't wanna get into a staring contest with Angie...I'd lose." It was a dark performance, but cool. Good, but Mileylike. And the smoke machines were unnecessary.
My Rankings Tonight:
Lazaro,
Kree,
Angie,
Janelle,
Amber,
Candice,
Burnell.
Of the groups, the girls' trio was best, then Angie/Lazaro, and then Burnell/Candice.

No comments:

Post a Comment