Sunday, April 28, 2013

Nearly There...

     Whew. It's been a long week. Getting closer to the end of the semester, but thee's a LOT to be done before then...and I have about zero energy to work at it. (Which I why I'm working on this post instead of studying, but...yeah...)

     Well, after watching a cool movie called "Shattered Glass" last week in Basic Writing, we had a quiz on it Monday, which was an easy ten points. Working on a PowerPoint demonstration to be done this week in my computer class,  hopefully that will go okay. Tuesday and Thursday in math were spent going over geometry for a mini-test Tuesday right before finals, and I've got a paper to write by Tuesday on the benefits of communication through social media. And then FINALS. (Creepy dramatic piano music here...)

      And there was a lot of paperwork to fill out for various things, that was a headache. Necessary, but annoying. Wednesday was a little rough, more so than usual. Actually, this whole week has been sort of rough. Read through Jonah and worked on a post about that when I had a chance.

      Pretty much given up on AI, think I'll watch the very finale when they tell who won, but I'm bored. Don't care about any of the contestants, and Randy and Mariah aren't helping. At all.
      Went to BCM Monday, that went well. And I went running Monday afternoon for the first time in forever, and after about a mile or so I came on this concert by the fountain. These two older guys from here in town were playing, after a while one of them set his guitar down and picked up a mandolin. It was fantastic. They kinda reminded me of Dale, who was my guitar teacher and is a good friend.

     Found a Bicentennial quarter in my change from Morgan's, which was good. And I got a graduation announcement from Ash, that was also good. (Mail is a very good thing. I can see why soldiers and people are always hoping for some.)

      There was a dead squirrel lying on the ground by the volleyball courts last Sunday, I just checked and I think it's still there. Not the best enviroment to be around.

      I think the paper I wrote on fairy tales turned out all right, but it was late being graded, so we'll see...I hate that feeling right after a test or right before you hand in an essay. Geometry is a lot like Maria von Trapp in some ways: It is very easy to like it, except when it's, um, difficult. Thursday was one of those times. We spent nearly an hour trying to solve one problem. After much head-scratching and complaining, somehow we more or less wound up with the right answer. We don't know why we got the right answer, we just knew we finally did. Classmate: "Will we have a question like this on the test?" Mr. Shamblin: "After we've spent this much time on it? You can bet we'll definitely have this type of question on the test." Classmate: "Great. (Moans)" Mr. Shamblin: "Now will you be able to solve it? I don't know...I hope." George(another classmate): "We won't."

      As part of the faith-based floor's agreement with the school, we took part in a service project Thursday, helping with the weekly food ministry at First Methodist. That went better than any of us expected, and I can see why people hate working in restaurants and fast-food places. It's very stressful being a waiter! Stephen and I rode with Zach, cause none of us could remember how to get to the church. (Note to self: It's the gigantic one down past the funeral home and across the street from the library.)

      Went to Grandpa and Robbie's Friday night, all three of us just collapsed. The school year can't end soon enough. Texted YT pals Adam and Aubrey, good to hear from them. The reunion is set for July, most of us all who went are planning on trying to be there. Also heard from Tauri recently.
      Hollered at Jon, we swapped insults and bounced random plotting ideas of storytelling off each other.
      Slept until almost noon yesterday, then was just dragging the rest of the time. Think I'm just exhausted from school and stress and sleep deprivation. My ponytailed neighbor Drew has kept me awake at least twelve of the last fourteen nights. And I haven't been able to sleep very well for a while now...I keep having these nightmares. And if they're not nightmares, then just ultra-stressful situations.

      A Pixar marathon is needed....and also board-game-playing. I went and bought a Monopoly set for no reason while grocery shopping yesterday, not sure what that means, or why, since there's not really anybody to play it with. But it just feels better knowing there's a Monopoly set nearby, sort of like a Christmas tree.

     Was able to pick up my guitar and just play for about an hour the other day; which was fantastic. Haven't really been able to do that very much here lately. And I've almost been resting this weekend (gasp!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment