Tuesday, September 24, 2013

More Traces of Copper

     "Wesley was home two weekends in a row! Rags and the family and I were very happy about that.
     "Courtney has been baby-sitting a whole lot lately, to earn money to go on a trip to Mexico, wherever that is. (Sounds sort of like College to me.) But, she seemed excited about it, so that's good. Gonna go with some people from church, Mr. Gundersen and Dylan and Laura are all going. So she's been learning some funny-sounding people-language called "Spanish".
     "The weather is starting to cool down, it's fall again. I like fall.
     "Caleb got some stitches in his foot a couple weeks ago, it's nearly healed. And he and Dad bought new fishing poles Saturday.
     "Dad's had a bunch of home inspections to work on, which is good, I guess. Keeping him pretty busy.
     "Been feeling really old here lately...don't really much like it.
     "The family is planning on going to the zoo this Friday, they'll get to see all kinds of neat animals like elephants and polar bears and river otters. I wouldn't want to live in a zoo; but I guess it's all right for some types of folks.
     "The little goats ate up all of Mom's garden, almost every last plant. And did they get in trouble....
     "Sunny had some saying she used to close these off with...it was a quote from some movie, about a man's life being part of a Noisy Box show. I can't remember how it goes. So I guess I'll just say goodbye. I'll keep my nose out for more happenings around The Place until next time."

No comments:

Post a Comment