Thursday, August 14, 2014

FIRE (Is a Very Bad Thing)

     This semester seems to be starting on a historic low. Got somewhere between three and four hours' sleep last night, going to sleep sometime after midnight, waking up at 2:30 and then falling asleep again about half an hour later, unrestfully(see previous post) sleeping again before getting woken up for good about five to a truly horrendous sound: FIRE ALARMS. They weren't in Ross, but they were never-ending and sickening. You know when it's a drill and when things are real, once you go through something like that. And this was all too real. According to the Daily Press, the Pleasant View Apartments(near campus) had sixteen apartments burned after a car caught fire. Nobody was injured, so that's a blessing, but....it's so awful.

     In other news, my roommate showed up about three yesterday afternoon. We'll see how this goes...

     I skipped the BCM's Jam Session kickoff last night for the CCF volleyball deal, because, well, it was volleyball. And so your muscles just go; you don't have to think about stuff. With the Fit (still) under construction, the volleyball courts are kind of a junkyard, so it was a rather unforgiving playing surface. And being a small-sized person, I became the designated chaser whenever the ball went over the fence(I could slide under Sunny-like) or down into the runoff ditch. Not knowing the tendencies of the folks on your side, and having to keep your mind more on where your feet are stepping than attacking the ball, it wasn't the most-well-played matches ever. Was it an enjoyable time? Not especially, but it was something to do. And besides, you didn't really have to talk to people that much, which was nice. (I used up whatever talking-to-people energy I had long before)
     I left that early when there were just way too many people around, and skipped the BCM's pancake feed, too. I was just too tired to walk over there and act happy. I was so tired, even, that I immediately crawled into bed and tried to go to sleep, not even turning on the TV to see Taylor Swift on Jimmy Fallon.

     How will I get through this semester?

No comments:

Post a Comment