Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Mid May

      I survived a particularly trying finals week. It wasn't without problems - the week before featured frantic typing and trying to mold coherent well-argued thoughts until 3 a.m., and finals week was more of that. Media Law on Monday went better than expected, I think I did okay in there. Creative Writing was frustrating at times, but it definitely forced me out of my comfort zone and made me experiment with new things. (See the writing blog, "You Keep Using That Word", for some of what I've worked on so far this year.) It was a good class that I enjoyed. The Novel's final I survived; essay finals are tough.
     The computer I was working on in the graphics lab froze last Tuesday sometime, only waking up at 2:15 Wednesday afternoon. The final presentation of our Advanced Broadcasting final projects started at 2:30. Mr. Williams gave me time to finish, so my video was done by around 7 that night. But still, I really hate Macs.
     The final for Interpersonal Comm was basically impossible, but it's over.

     Also, early last last week I finished all seven seasons of Parks and Recreation, and started the first quote collection for that. The season two finale of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was unbelievable. It got picked up for a third season in fall, and Agent Carter was renewed for a second year. American Idol will be ending after next season, but it was definitely time. Still, it's really hard to imagine American television without it...it's become that much a fixture of pop culture. We went and saw Age of Ultron when it came out, and then again Friday night. It's somewhere in the middle of the MCU pack, I think...but again, it's really early to judge.

     Reread through Agatha Christie's Peril at End House yesterday; it's not one of her best. Also read this really interesting novel set in Minnesota and North Dakota in the winter of 1962-63, it's called Peace Like a River, written by Leif Enger. And about a month ago checked out The Hundred and One Dalmatians, by Dodie Smith, from the RSU library, so that was good to read over for the fifth-ish time.

     Caleb turned 14 on Monday, and that went well. Sarsaparilla the Nubian had a doeling, the other goats are due just about anytime. Rags is very glad I'm home.

No comments:

Post a Comment