Thursday, May 14, 2015

Thursday's Thoughts

     In nonfiction reading, I forgot to mention in yesterday's post, I'm in the middle of When Your World Falls Apart, by David Jeremiah. It's pretty good. Lots of in-depth study of the Psalms, which you have a tendency to skip over(I do, at least).
     And also raced through Caught Up in a Story, by Sarah Clarkson. That's about the need to bring up children by story, which isn't exactly that well written but still has a lot of good ideas. Trinnica let Mom borrow her copy a couple weeks ago, and she loved it and thought I would, too. They visited the Grahams yesterday, and Mrs. Graham loved the book and thought Mom would, too, so she bought an extra copy to give to her. 
     Started one of Lucy Maud Montgomery's last books, too, it's titled Jane of Lantern Hill. It's not one of her best so far, but it got better by the end. Kind of like The Blue Castle. 

     "If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster/And treat those two impostors just the same..." Rudyard Kipling's "If" repeated itself many times over the last couple months, so it's fitting that that line would pretty much sum up my grades this semester. That's kind of the attitude I've pretty much always had towards college, it just stood out more than usual this time. 

      My Pandora station is tuned to a collection of 50's/60's rock and Motown music right now, which is kinda interesting. I have a wide variety of musical tastes...

No comments:

Post a Comment