Tuesday, February 28, 2012

American Idol Season 11 Top 24 Contestants Rundown

   I love watching American Idol, and for the last several years, some cousins and I have had a discussion group about it, scrutinizing every little detail about nearly every show. We each have our own different styles....the "I like that blonde girl, she looks nice, I'll vote for her", "That song was incredibly hard to sing. Yes, he was pitchy and out of control,  but I still like his effort." or "Tony sang I Heard It Through The Grapevine...I hate that song, but he did it well. Andrea sang Wild One....uh, wildly. That was a mess." (Yeah, that last one was a sample clip of me. I sum up and encapsulate quickly, going highlight-by-highlight, hopefully causing a few chuckles or laughs along the way.)And since I have this blog right handy, sometimes I'll just drop in some of my comments of the previous show on here. Since we start voting tonight(YAY!!!!), here's my rundown on each of the Top 24 contestants for this, Season 11.

     My obsessively-organized list of who's in...
     Aaron Marcellus - Who? We don't recognize him by his voice, it's by his looks. "Oh, that nerdy-looking black guy." He won't last long, I don't think, just because of that.

     Adam Brock - UGH. WHY did they let him in???? Because they always need one guy who's emotional and irritating?
 
      Baylie Brown - She's okay. Her lips are too big, and she looks like she was attacked by a makeup monster every week, so she isn't quite able to reach the pretty vote....too Barbiezed.
   
     Brielle Von Hugel - She was one of Pia Toscano's best friends last year, but as for style, she's a dark-complected clone of Haley Reinhart. Kind of bossy, too.

     Chase Likens - Eh....he's okay. Forgettable, though. Very forgettable.

     Chelsea Sorrell - She's also forgettable....I think she sings country?

     Colton Dixon - THIS GUY IS ONE TO WATCH. Not just because he has a good personality, a pretty sister and a wild mohawk, but the dude is a GOOD singer, too....

     Creighton Fraker - I don't know what to say about Creighton, he was always pretty good, but he seems just a touch out there...

     DeAndre Brackensick - Dude needs a haircut. He's okay, but one of those once you hear every week you get tired of. Is he white or black?

     Eben Franckewitz - Poor guy, what a name....I like this kid. He seems very down-to-earth, and he can sing well. Pressure might get to him, though.

     Elise Testone - ....She's average. Blonde, curly and average.

     Erika Von Pelt - Even curlier, still blonde, not that good.

     Haley Johnsen - Another blonde, but one who sounds okay, and she seems she has a good personality.

     Hallie Day - First off, that name sounds fake. Second, she looks like plastic. Third off, her lips are enormous...it's really weird looking. Fourth off, she's yet another ordinary, not-that-special blonde.

     Heejun Han - This guy is hysterical! And he can sing!

     Hollie Cavanagh - Another girl with an H name....and guess what, she's another blonde. She's one of the few girls with good talent. She's good-looking, but in a ordinary, normal way. And not everybody can talk in an accent, but then not have one while singing. The only downside I can see is that her nerves might get her trouble.

     Jen Hirsh - I don't really like her that much. With Creighton, Reed, and the other Groovesauce guys, she was good, but individually, nothing stands out.

     Jeremy Rosado - Part Two of the Hollywood Five Friends group to crack the Top 24, I though he was the least talented of the friends. He's okay, but that's all; just okay. He reminds me of Larry from "The Big Green", I'm not sure why.

     Jessica Sanchez - She's along for the ride with pals Eben and Jeremy, but I don't like her all that well.

     Joshua Ledet - He's all right....the black church singer they add every season.

     Phillip Phillips - (I'm never going to get over that name, lol) He can play guitar like crazy, he can sing well, but he might not have enough memorable personality for people to remember he's out there...

     Reed Grimm - See above comments on Phillip...Good guy, he can sing all right, and he's creative arrangement-wise, and he seems likeable, but we said all that about Casey Abrams last year, and where did he finish? History doesn't bode well for Phillip or Reed...

     Shannon Magrane - I don't like her. Seems stuck-up, and forceful, too. That girl who's in charge of everything because she plunges in ahead of everyone else, and nobody wants to challenge her.
   
     Skylar Laine - She's got loads of personality, she's funny, and seems like that girl you know who's a little out there, but you love her, anyway. And she's country - like Miranda Lambert. All good points.

    Who am I pulling for? Of the guys, Colton, Eben, Heejun, Phillip and Reed, and of the girls, Hollie and Skylar are going to have to do well if they want to keep the guys from running away with this year. It all starts to unfold tonight on Fox, at 7 p.m....this is American Idol, and this is where the rubber meets the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment