Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I'm Already There Rewrite

    The chorus of Lonestar's "I'm Already There" is great, but I've never liked the verses.
   In particular, not after Aaron Kelly sang it on Idol a few years ago. So, I rewrote it.

Verse 1-
He called her on the phone
From his lonely, cold hotel room
She said "Don't worry about me, I'll be all right.
I know you're on the road, and that you need to be there,
Still, I wish that you were home."
Chorus 1-
He said "I'm already there,
Take a look around,
I'm the picture on the wall,
In our things, both big and small,
Can you feel the love that we share?
I'm already there."
Verse 2-
This only made him more depressed
As he let out a sigh,
He hung up the phone and sent up a prayer
And then it seemed like to him, in the darkness he was in
As his soul gave a cry, he could hear this reply:
Chorus 2-
"I'm already there,
Take a look around,
In your wife and your friends,
Your Bible, the CDs in your car,
You're never alone, I died for your sins,
And I'm allowing these things,
So that you willl grow,
And know I care,
I'm already there."
Verse 3-
She was feeling sad and lonely, and yes, depressed too
As she typed an email to her boyfriend
She said "I'm not feeling good, and I need to know you care,
I just can't wait, til you can transfer here next year
Then I'll gently kiss your lips, touch you with my fingertips...PLEASE, JUST GET HERE FAST!!!"
Chorus 3-
In reply, he said the first thing that came to his mind:
"I'm already there.
Don't cry, calm down.
I'm with you when you sleep, or when you walk across town
Try to hang on, I'll be there soon
I really care, in a way I'm already there
Bridge-
We may be a thousand miles apart
But I'll be with you, wherever you are
Chorus 4-
I'm already there, I'm all around
I'm the sunshine in your hair, I'm the shadow on the ground
I'm the text on your phone, I love you, my friend,
You're always in my prayers
I've got to go now, but believe this I swear
With all of my heart
That I'm already there."

No comments:

Post a Comment