Monday, January 13, 2014

More Strange Dreams

     Had another strange dream  last night(this morning? (Woke up fifteen minutes ago at 4:32 a.m. on 11-13-13.)

     I was either on my way to or somewhere in Canada, and was hungry and looking for some cookies at this mall that turned out to be even more abandoned than Promenade, full of escalators and shut elevator doors and dried-out decorative water fountains on the first floor.
     So I take an escalator up, following a bald man in a suit, where I find myself in a bustling airport, and somehow end up inside a mammoth plane about to take off. People are complaining about there being a problem with the Internet, and it's cloudy and stormy, so they'll have to touch down for several hours soon. I need to get out of there quickly, cause I have to be wherever it was I was going, and I get this text from Ja Li Si. It says, "Will you please use your extreme professionalism and smack the crap out of someone for me? I've tried talking to him, that hasn't worked..." "Haha, sure. Who do I need to beat up?"
     I squeeze out of the plane just in time, find this grocery store that's a bit like somewhere between K-Mart  and Homeland. I'm looking for some cookies, ask this random dude who's shopping there where the snacks are and if he has any suggestions on what to get. He recommends and picks up a package of Reese's Pieces trail mix, with hot peanuts and raisins inside, and then goes on his way. Next to the candy are several Cardinals baseball caps, I try some on, hoping to find one that looks good. Another text from Ja Li Si. "You know how I mean....it's like he's using us all. I'm leaving the team." I start to reply, "Just give it until the end of the semester, all right? After Sunday we'll see how things are before we regroup in spring."
   And then I wake up.

   Most of the dreams I've been having for the last couple months are very stressed and complicated, too much so to remember what's happening what I wake up, but it pretty much always involves S.H.I.E.L.D. in some way.

     11-28-13, dreamed that I was like a permanent babysitter-type person for the five young kids of this pastor and his wife. It was set in Broken Arrow, but the library was the church instead where the pastor worked, and it was our house in Beggs post-fire on the inside.  It was kinda stressful, but interesting.

     12-19-13, There was this long, elaborate dream that I was getting married. I'm not really sure who the bride was, but she had dark brown hair. Anyway, there's this montage of wedding-preparation over several months, Father of the Bride type thing, the bride is planning, I just kind of nod. The rehearsal goes fine, the church is Trinity in Morris, but with the sanctuary of Tahlequah's Grace Baptist, and the church is set where the Haworths used to live, with our house in Beggs right across the block. We get there on the day early that morning, maybe another rehearsal? Whatever it is you do on the mornings-of-wedding-days. Only there was this MMA fight on the stage, complete with referee and ring girl and judges, so we had to wait for that to finish. Then the guests started arriving way early, so we had to welcome the. Grandpa was there, bunch of people from GBC, not sure who all else. Then, even more strangely, Maddie's dad and her brother Caamen walk in. That's about when I realize, "Oh, this is seriously happening" and begin to panic. My stomach starts getting upset, the wedding's in like, four hours, and then I wake up.

     12-20-13, School's started back up again, and I have no idea where my classes are, or what times they are. It's scary. And for some reason they all got moved to the halls of TCC's Southeast campus, so I was running eighty miles an hour with no idea where I was going. It was STRESSFUL.

     12-21-13, not really sure what was happening, but it was some kind of game show set with lime green and pink walls, and involved miles of leopard-print duct tape. It was also stressful, trying to beat the clock and win the challenge.

    1-12-14, I was watching as some of the Sesame Street Muppets(I spotted Elmo and Rosita, and someone just out of camera range that was enormous and reddish who looked a little like Snuffy, Zoey was coaching) were playing pickup football against the Monstars from Space Jam.

     1-13-14, One of those long, complicated, very interesting dreams that last most of the night, it was shifting back and forth from first-person to third-person. It began by trying to win the affection of the Jensens' dachshund Mercy. Then a bunch of us gathered around to listen to a story, told by Lazarus(yeah, that Lazarus), he'd just gotten back from some spy mission where he was being held by a bunch of rats(think ROUS-scale). He was able to escape by impersonating several cats, and there were several other parts that I unfortunately can't remember now. Somehow a new apartment that was being moved into came into the tale, and Thanksgiving, maybe? A big meal was being eaten, so it was some sort of holiday.

     1-25-13, I was playing volleyball at sunset on this beach, possibly the Lake Keystone/Arkansas River beach outside Sand Springs? Anyway, there were waves from the water crashing up onto the shore, it was beautiful. The players were like a mix of camp and college people; I spotted Ash and Jed, my neighbor Steven F. .and his fiancee Allison and our RA-ish person Olivia. Then it switched to observing from left field during a Little League baseball game played at Dewar High School, the team on defense wore yellow jerseys with blue lettering/numbering. From there became a Full House episode where Danny, Jesse and Joey were all having various mishaps as they were trying to earn the right to be the new mascot of the Charlotte Hornets.

No comments:

Post a Comment