Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pixar Personality Testing

     So we found that personality test online in November, and I just wrapped up my ranking of Pixar movies. Well, today I came across this: A Pixar personality test.

     "Let me explain - No, no, there is too much. Let me sum up: Based on my top five favorites, these could be some of my personality traits." (Not Pixar, but....when you have a chance to throw in a Princess Bride quote....take it!!!!) My ranking(s) are in parentheses.

     Monsters University - (6) "A true MU fan is highly dedicated. You appreciate what it's like to put out as much effort as humanly possible to achieve a dream.  But you also might know that doesn't guarantee that you'll achieve that dream the way you've always imagined. If Monsters University was right up your alley, you've probably got an amazing work ethic, much like young Mike on the first day of school. Maybe you've also got a hint of a competitive streak."
     Pretty much....and my high school drama teacher said Mike reminded her of me. If I'm not a little green eyeball with legs, then I'm probably Rex the anxious green dinosaur made by a smaller company that was purchased by Mattel in a leverage buyout. And one of the meanings of "Orin" is Irish for pale green. And green is one of my favorite colors...so, yeah. Where were we?

     A Bug's Life - (5) "A little bit quirky, a little bit of a dreamer, a little bit of an innovator, you are an idea person. When other people see routines or obstacles, you see opportunities. You're probably an underdog rooter as well, tending to side with the little guy."
     Not so good at seeing opportunities, exactly; and I'm not sure about being an innovator, but the rest fits. And yes, I know it's a rock. DON'T YOU THINK I'D KNOW A ROCK WHEN I SEE ONE?! I'VE SPENT A LOT OF TIME AROUND ROCKS!

     Up - (4) "A lover of Up is a lover at heart. You are definitely a romantic and a dreamer. You probably have a lot of plans about the future: romantic getaways, adventures all over the world and outlandish occupations. While others might sit back and say "Wouldn't that be nice?", you're one of those brave souls who can put a crazy plan into action, because with enough balloons and the right attitude, life can be an adventure."
     Ha...I wish... It definitely is an adventure, though. And as Louis L'Amour said, "Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble." Of course, there's also that G.K. Chesterton quote: "An adventure is merely an inconvenience rightly considered, and an inconvenience is merely an adventure wrongly considered."

     Cars - (C1 3, C2 9) "You'd love nothing more than to go on a long road trip, because, after all, life IS a highway, and.... Not much for fancy frills, you're good at appreciating the little things in life like a tasty milkshake at a diner, a field full of cows to be tipped, or a beautiful landscape on the open road. Like Mater, you've learned that all your dents are valuable, as they all represent a fun memory you had with good friends."
     I would LOVE to go on a road trip somewhere! Don't really like fanciness much at all, and I like the little things. Dents are valuable, which is why we keep 'em.

     Toy Story - (TS1 2, TS2 8, TS3 1) "If you love yourself some Toy Story, you probably have a big heart and a head full of memories. You were probably that kid who stuffed all your stuffed animals into your bed at night. And we're not saying you cry at the drop of a hat, but you can get a bit teary-eyed when you take a stroll down memory lane."
     I guess so... And yeaaahhh, that didn't happen very often, but there were a few times when I'd pile all the Beanie Babies on my bed and burrow somewhere underneath them. Sometimes our dents aren't so pleasant, but they're still important. And yes, some bring back memories that are so amazing you can't help but tear up a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment