Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Ain't Eight Semesters Enough?

     The first week of my eighth semester of college is about halfway over. It'll be a long one, I think. There will be some good parts, but also a lot of screaming silently at the walls as I try to hammer out another sentence of an essay. (But it isn't like I don't have lots of practice with that, right?) Fiction Writing will likely be the best course. Topics of Advanced Comp will be difficult, but hopefully it won't be too bad. I'm not sure what to expect out of Studies in Poetry; it's basically everyone from Poetry Writing in fall, plus some other people. Scriptwriting will be informative, if nothing else... Also, this is the third semester in a row without a lunch break on Tuesday/Thursdays.
     Anyway, by next spring (I hope) I'll have graduated....
   
     Woke up this morning to Kenny Chesney's "Living in Fast Forward" playing as a Song of the Day, after waking up at least eight times the night before.

     I guess Alabama won the college football championship last night; I didn't pay any attention to the game because I was working on homework. Didn't pay any attention to Obama's State of the Union speech, either; though I considered counting the verbal missteps like Nano used to. Hopefully there'll be a parody of it on Saturday Night Live. 

     Also, the Rams are moving back to Los Angeles, which makes sense from a historical perspective, considering they were the first team out in California and stayed there for fifty years. But from another perspective, the idea of a pro football team in LA just sounds crazy. Facebook posts from St. Louis aren't too happy with this plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment