Sunday, July 7, 2013

Stupid Things I've Said

     This is a list of when my grasp of spoken English sometimes hits incredibly inept levels...

     (While talking to Amanda, September 2012) "I wonder what people would do if I started howlin' at the moon..."

     (Needing a book from campus library to write a research paper, January 2013) "Umm...are you allowed to check out books in this library?"

     (I was cleaning the house, searching for a dustpan, fall 2011?) "Where is that....you know....the, uh...that sweepercatcher thing?"

     (Playing Settlers of Catan with Courtney and Caleb, trying to think of the word 'forest', March 2013) "Nope, no wood here. At least, not for trading - I need all the wood I have in my lumberfields to use for building plans."

     (Talking of differences between American and English punctuation, June 2013) "...Like the way they use "s" where we'd put a "z", in say, "recognize". Or "insight". Wait....that's not...never mind."

     (In the midst of a power struggle with a particularly stubborn container, in a motivational-type speech to myself, July 2013) "I am smarter than a box of cookies!"


No comments:

Post a Comment