Friday, July 19, 2013

(Trying to Be) Standing on the Promises

     People have been asking "How you doing?" I guess I'm doing about as well as can be expected. Trying to preach to myself as much as I can, staying pretty busy.

     Sunday was one of those times when you really don't want to be around people, but you need to because those are the times you need the fellowship and reminders the most. There was a bunch of people offering sympathy, like Mrs. Pickard.
     By Monday I had some hymns running through my head, trying to remind myself of the truths of the theology in the lyrics. Also was trying to remember some of those verses of God's promises scattered throughout the Bible, the only ones I could come up with were Joshua 1:9, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." (NIV) and Isaiah 43:1-3, "But now, this is what the Lord says - he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: 'Fear not, for I have redeemed you: I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord you God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." (NIV)

     Went to the Bible study Wednesday night, we were listening to a David Platt sermon on how to weave the Gospel into our everyday conversations. He was talking about how God's always working in our lives, that the reason people drop into our lives is so we can minister to them. Had those early DC Talk songs "Nu Thang" and "He Works" running through my head all the rest of the sermon.
     All the kids were barely staying from bursting at the seams with excitement about camp coming so close. I'll be helping Ryan with archery, Dylan U. will be, too. Taylor and Jed are also going to be counselors for the first time. They're all good guys, it should be good to be able to serve with them.

     Been running all over creation, it seems like, the last few days. Wednesday to Tulsa, then yesterday from Tulsa to get my new glasses to Westville to visit Nano to Porter to get a kitten, then back to Porter to help Dad with something later today, Oklahoma City on Saturday for the reunion, back to Tulsa for church on Sunday, then southwest Missouri Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment