Monday, December 21, 2015

Winter Break

     On winter break now, so that's kind of nice, though strange; not having homework for a bit. So I can catch up a little on reading and Netflix, which is good. I got an A in Poetry Writing and somehow made an A in Shakespeare, which I was pretty happy with. Finished this close to A's in Lit Traditions and American Lit, the averages were 88% and 89%, which is what I deserved. And I haven't built up enough credit to ask Dr. Dial-Driver or Dr. Mackie to push it up to "A" range. So it was like a 3.5 GPA this semester, and I think my total GPA over 99 hours is 3.82.

     The bowl season started this weekend, so since it was on TV I watched a bunch of Mormons beat each other up on Saturday afternoon, Utah beat BYU 35-28 in the Las Vegas Bowl. Amy was more fun to watch than the game, she was cheering so enthusiastically. I spent the morning teaching Trevor and Amy how to play Chinese Checkers.

     Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens opened this weekend, which basically everyone in America saw. We rewatched Age of Ultron on Thursday night and Ant-Man on Friday night. And finishing up Phineas and Ferb. 

     The youth group's annual skating trip is this afternoon, Courtney and Caleb are pretty excited about that. He and Hope Wilson have been arguing fiercely for the last several weeks over whether Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Simmons is a cool character or not, which is pretty entertaining to watch.
     The GBC Christmas special was last night; it was good to sing carols with other people. Other than that, I sort of wondered what I was doing there. It was a weird feeling. The new Ferguson baby, Ellie, is adorable, though. The parking lot was two-thirds full yesterday morning, and I thought, "Wow, there's a lot of people here today."

     American Idol begins its final season in a couple weeks.

     Found The Maze Runner, by James Dashner, at the Okmulgee library, which Ashland has been wanting me to read whenever I came across it. I enjoyed it, especially the use of telepathy between two of the main characters. Suspense builds well throughout the pages. It ends on a crazy cliffhanger; but it's the beginning of a trilogy, so that makes sense. Plus it was great to be back in Okmulgee's library, since I've been going there since I was six. Also read Michael Crichton's Prey, which Mrs. Noland recommended last summer.

     Amanda said that Maya's gonna be a big sister by next summer, so I'm gonna get to be Uncle Wesley again.

     We're probably going to Tahlequah later this week to see Grandpa and Robbie, and Dayla's family, so hopefully that will go okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment