Sunday, May 21, 2017

Graduations

     Courtney's graduation was yesterday, at First Baptist Broken Arrow. (That's where Elizabeth goes.) There were 23 graduates in total, including Laura, Callie, Marie K. and Carter Fox. A ton of GBC people showed up - Coxes, Mrs. Mix, Lees, Wilsons, Grahams, Buckmasters, DeSpains...probably more than I missed. Dayla and Ashley and their kids came, too. That went fine. Someone's dad looked exactly like Mr. Feeny from Boy Meets World, which I thought was interesting. 
     It was a much more elaborate graduation than mine was. But they've been working on it for months, so it should be.
     We went to the Fergusons' afterparty for Laura once it was over, and that was great. The Coxes and Wilsons were also there, along with Ferguson cousins and Josh and Sara. It felt a lot like Thanksgiving - which is how it always is when visiting them. A little chaotic, sure, simply because there's so many people, but a happy, pleasant chaos. They're just Race of Josephy people, and so they feel like family.. It was great.

     The graduates were recognized at church this morning, and that went well. We briefly explained what our plans were, and mine are vague. So....yeah.

     Mine was last Saturday, and it was about like the rest of college - panicking, not sure of where to go or what to do once I got there, and then waiting for eons for something to happen. We were arranged in blocks by the divisions the school set up, with no order beyond that. It was "latch onto someone you know" and hang on, moving/exit buddy-style. Since we got there late, I manage to find my line and crash into Jenny, so we stuck together. Cody was right behind me once everyone was situated, and Kinze and Lauren a couple rows back.
      Andrew got a good picture of me walking off the stage, and I got a couple with Dr. Mackie on the way out. Also, I got straight A's this semester, the only time that ever happened at RSU. My total GPA was 3.79, so I graduated cum laude. About 300 people graduated overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment