Thursday, March 22, 2012

American Idol Season 11 Top 10 - Billy Joel Night

Well, that was an interesting show....I really liked some of them, really won't remember most of them, and really detested a few.

Tommy Hilfiger seems like a neat guy, it was interesting to hear his advice on clothes for the contestants.

DeAndre Brackensick - Only The Good Die Young - I had never heard that song before, from its' being mentioned in Kenny Chesney's "I Go Back", I expected it to be a sad type of ballad, kind of a story song. It was weird to hear that it was so upbeat and catchy. Kinda liked it, he was having fun, it was an all right beginning, got us into it. That jacket thing he was wearing was kind of cool.

Erika Van Pelt - New York State of Mind - I had heard this one before, but didn't know it was Billy Joel. It's a nice song, I guess, not a fan of her haircut, she was boring and forgettable. Or maybe that's just cause I'm not from New England.

Joshua Ledet - She's Got A Way - Okay.

Skylar Laine - Shameless (??!!!!) - THIS WAS A BILLY JOEL SONG? Garth Brooks didn't do it originally? Actually, after I got over that shock, my next thought was a line from another Kenny Chesney hit, "Big Star". Skylar was Garth in a skirt, I liked it better than his version. My fourth thought was how stupid an outfit she was wearing.

Elise Testone - Vienna  - On the edge of good, possibly even great, but it was never quite there, all the way through. And the drop-off on that ledge is a huge space of weirdness.

Phillip Phillips - Movin' On - What kind of effects did they hook up to that guitar? That was cool! It was simple, kind of funky,  pretty good.

Hollie Cavanagh - Honesty - She looked hilarious, like some character from "Matlock" or some even older TV show. I couldn't even watch because I wouldn't have been able to hear her over my laughter. Not her best, quite possibly her worst, it was a little dull. But even so, it was still good, and despite the dire predictions of my discussion group cousins, I will be shocked if Hollie's in the bottom three.

Heejun Han - My Life - I freaked out when he missed the lyric. And then I freaked out when he couldn't remember it. And then I freaked out when it went uptempo. That was crazy! And I loved it! He won't win, but he sure is entertaining to have around. In the middle he kind of sounded like a weird Asian dude.

Jessica Sanchez - Everybody Has A Dream - That was old. And pageanty(First time that adjective has been used this season. Amazing we got this far without it.) Yawn-inducing. Forgettable. And bad.

Colton Dixon - Piano Man - I've always kind of liked that song, that was a seriously RED piano...he was VERY GOOD, I want his CD when it comes out. It was a great way to end the show.

Bottom three-
Elise,
Erika,
DeAndre.
I'll won't jump on the DeAndre's leaving bandwagon just yet, Elise leaves for home first.

No comments:

Post a Comment