Thursday, March 29, 2012

American Idol Season 11 Top Nine - Their Idols Night

Colton Dixon - Everything - That was awesome. The chorus was a bit pitchy, and it was almost forgettable, not the most memorable song, but it was good. I could listen to that on radio. Course, most of his songs so far I could see being on radio.

Skylar Laine - Gundpowder and Lead - Awesome choice. Actually, nearly any Miranda Lambert song would be an awesome choice for Skylar, though if I was Jimmy, I would've suggested Kerosene instead. It had some odd editing to make it fit the timeslot. She had fun with it, I liked it, but it kind of sounded like Reba McEntire doing Miranda.

Colton/Elise/Phillip's Fleetwood Mac medley - That was cool, it was nice.

Heejun Han - A Song For You - The tune was creepy and depressing, kind of pitchy, wasn't much a fan. It was all right.

Hollie Cavanagh - Jesus Take The Wheel - Most people shouldn't sing Carrie, it won't turn out that well, her being...well, Carrie. It just doesn't turn out that well. But that was extremely good, just as good as Danny Gokey's version(which I was stunned when he did it, that a guy could make that song sound that good.) Again, too many chunks were chopped out, when it's a story song like this, any subtraction messes the whole thing up. That was great.

DeAndre Brackensick - Sometimes I Cry - Ugh. My dad(who doesn't really care about AI, just sometimes watches with the rest of us so he can have some idea of what's going on) two had this opinion: "Permhead sounds awful. Like a cat being disemboweled." My thoughts: He sounded like somebody who was using Uncle Rico's time machine, yowling "Some-one stepped ON MY TAIIIIIILLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Jessica Sanchez - Sweet Dreams - The harp was an interesting change of pace, but overall, it was strange. I almost liked it, but I didn't. And I just figured out why I've never liked her: She's like one of those Chinese gymnasts, always thinking "I have to win, if I fall short..." Not having fun at all, just tense, trying to get every single little note perfect, and otherwise completely devoid of personality.

DeAndre/Heejun/Joshua's Michael Jackson medley - Weird. Clothes looked dated, songs felt dated, they sounded horrible together, it was terrible.

Phillip Phillips - Still Rainin' - Cool song! Good voice, it was good.

Joshua Ledet - Without You - Okay, I suppose, but such a snoozer(I'm running out of adjectives for "boring" here. Actually, I ran out about five weeks or so ago.) He just rubs me the wrong way, somehow.

Hollie/Jessica/Skylar's Madonna medley - The clothes looked ridiculous. Hollie and Skylar were good, Jessica wasn't.

Elise Testone - Whole Lotta Love - I'm about as familiar with Led Zeppelin as Randy is with country, so while Dad said afterwards that she did perfect, I didn't much like her voice. The guitar was great. Flashing lights were overdone, nearly gave me a headache.

.Bottom Three-
DeAndre,
Jessica,
Joshua,

DeAndre finally leaves(Crossing my fingers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment