Thursday, March 8, 2012

American Idol Season 11 Top 13 - Stevie Wonder/Whitney Houston Night

 

   Last night I discovered I hate Whitney Houston songs, and I dislike most Stevie Wonder music. Or maybe I just detest two hours worth of them without a break.

Joshua Ledet - I Wish - High energy to kick off the show, he was all right, not awful. Forgettable all over, and I was impressed by his ability to shout that loudly for that long.

Elise Testone - I'm Your Baby Tonight - She sounded old. Her vocal wasn't the best tonight, it was forgettable.

Jermaine Jones - Knocks Me Off My Feet - ZZzzzz.....I yawned eight times during his performance. That says all you need to know.

Erika Van Pelt - I Believe in You and Me - Dull. The guitar was cool, the chorus was okay.

Colton Dixon - Not great, but good. The song was too dated, it sounded like it came off some type of cheesy musical.

Shannon Magrane - I Have Nothing - Some kind of soundtrack, is what this was. Just couldn't figure out what movie it should have gone with, only thing I was coming up with was The Little Mermaid, which wasn't quite right. She was okay, didn't see what all the judges were yapping about(But then, I usually am watching a different show than they are.)

DeAndre Brackensick - Master Blaster - Cool title. Bad dancing. Voice, eh....It was just a little strange.

Skylar Laine - Where Do Broken Hearts Go - Good. Pretty song. It could still be played on the radio, it's the main credits song.

Heejun Han -
All in Love is Fair - Good. Dull, but good.

Hollie Cavanagh - All the Man That I Need - Very good. I hate Whitney songs, but that was very good.

Jeremy Rosado - Ribbon in the Sky - Straight up from Dullsville, USA. It was boring, but all right, I suppose.

Jessica Sanchez - I Will Always Love You - Should anyone else sing this? I couldn't tell much difference between her and the real thing, which I suppose means she's a phenomenal vocalist, but it was just okay for me.

Phillip Phillips - Superstition - Guitar! Great. Good song. Interesting voice. He was shouting too much, but I liked it.

I have no idea what's up with this font...I changed it for emphasis on Elise, and then it switched itself a couple of times after that....

Best of the night - In order of performance - Hollie, Skylar, Colton, Heejun, and Phillip. 

In trouble for sure are: DeAndre, Erika, Jeremy, and Jermaine, Shannon might be on the bubble. The bottom guy/girl will be Erika and Jermaine, they'll send Jermaine home to make it an even six-six split for the Top 12. 

No comments:

Post a Comment