Monday, April 14, 2014

Monday

     I hope tomorrow goes a little easier than today.

     It's frustrating to have to say "No, I can't help you, I'm sorry" three times in one day when people need help with projects. (AND I just realized I still have type up today's Latin notes...) But really, I couldn't help them. Had to be at speech today because it was a presentation day, and couldn't help with either the SWAT one-shot skit or the music at the BCM because of having to attend a school board meeting for an MMP assignment.

     I see now why everyone detests school-board meetings. They're pointless. The main topic was evaluating sales pitches from different architectural firms looking to design the new cafeteria for Cherokee Elementary. (Grandpa said they need one, so that's real, at least.) Left after two hours because they'd only gotten halfway through the speakers and I was very bored. And hungry. And frustrated.
     The speakers waxed eloquently about design features or previous projects they'd worked on, one kept praising his wife's work and constantly referring to her. When asked questions about costs or fees, the architects were evasive; which makes sense on one level because costs are kind of hard to exactly pin down on construction projects. But when dealing with questions from one guy on energy efficiency and utility bills on the most recent project, they danced around the question politician-style and somehow insinuated that it was the school's fault, when it was probably their mistake by building high ceilings and a glass wall. And then trying to justify those elements with "it makes the students proud of their school and enjoy learning there"....HA. It was pathetic.

     The last of the SWAT shows was last night, it didn't go as well as hoped, due to a massive storm that attacked the town and then kept us from heading home for a good while. And mostly-wooden sanctuaries, while pretty, carry sounds pretty well. And that includes RAIN and HAIL....so we were kind of drowned out most of the way though, despite the best projection efforts.

      I think I'm coming down with something; don't feel quite right and have a headache, even factoring in the temperature whiplash inside and outside the last couple days. I took a nap immediately after speech, waking up three hours later when my phone signaled a new text. THREE HOURS' SLEEP in the MIDDLE OF THE DAY?! So I didn't have time to eat dinner before heading to that meeting, munched on a protein bar once I got back. But even more than that, that was three hours of productivity wasted, with quite a bit to do and no energy or motivation to work on it already. And now my sleep pattern will be thrown even farther off-course than it is now.

     Trying to preach to myself, remind myself to get my thinking back on track, but it's just sort of been one of those days when that's a little difficult.  Secret Church is supposed to deal in part this year with the sanctifying role of sleep, maybe I should try that.

     I already need to spend more time with Rags and the kittens, and I only left yesterday afternoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment