Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Pressing On

     "Keep one foot in front of the other..." This tune could work well for this time of semester.
     "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..." - Dory, Finding Nemo. 
     And Keep a-Goin', like the poem says.

     It's that time of the semester when there is quite a bit to do and not much energy to complete it. So you just do what you can, complain more often than normal, and snap sarcastic replies to anyone willing to engage you in conversation. On the other hand, it's that time of semester for everyone else, too, so that's something.

     "Do not worry about anything, but in everything, with prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which is beyond all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)

     That verse was part of the message from Monday night's meeting, I know I needed to hear it. I worry a lot, and stress is as natural to my life as caffeine.
     A giant leak developed in the roof of the BCM's living room during the big storm on Thursday night, that was a little intense, trying to contain the newfound faucet. Once that was taken care of, Bob and Deb led a lesson on marriage that was the first of a two-part series. The power also went out completely in Ross on Thursday.

     Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.... it's driving me UP THE WALL, but I'm loving it. Although it probably wasn't the best idea to watch the new episode several hours after watching Jurassic Park. There's only so much intensity and surprises that can be handled in one day.  (And now part of the reason I'm writing this post is cause I'm a little afraid to go to sleep. Remind me NEVER TO WATCH THAT MOVIE EVER AGAIN.)

      Sunday was busy, as the SWAT crew first went down to the Cookson area for a rare morning show, then that night we headed into Muskogee to a rather creepy church older than the state. (Seriously, it began in 1904.) We were missing about a third of our team, so there was a lot of filling in different roles than usual. (I need to get to work on editing those videos....)
     The Cookson people seemed to really enjoy our being there, it was probably my second-favorite church to visit that we went to this year. (First would be Park Hill.)
     After the Muskogee one, the friendly elderly preacher was giving unasked-for marriage advice to Becca, Elizabeth, Jacob, Justin and me. It was really cool, though slightly awkward, felt like I was in a Brad Paisley song(sort of like this one). His Rule #1 - "Learn to say, 'Yes, dear', and you'll live to learn everything else you'll need to know."

     Dylan and the Coxes are in Louisville for the Together for the Gospel conference, wish I was able to be there, too. But there's Secret Church next Friday, maybe I can get to that.
     Went for a coffee run with Drew, Elizabeth and Susan to McDonald's last night, which was a good trip. Lots of talk about books, cats and puns. (Example: "I'm like, two pages away from finishing the introduction right now(of The Princess Bride). You were right, it is kinda long and hard to get through, but it adds so much to the authenticity! I haven't even started the real book yet and I'm loving it." "Knew you would. But get this; even that prologue is fictionalized. Is that genius or what?!" "Susan's eyes pop out of her head in astonishment") And from there it was on to comparing "Have you read...?" and making book-swapping lists and planning movies that need to be seen.

     There's tons of homework to do and that still needs to be completed....and I'm out of toothpaste.

      Enjoyed getting to catch up with Ash on Saturday.

     Pandora has been playing GREAT songs all the last week on most of my channels, that's always helpful. (At the moment, Sonicflood's "In The Secret")

     There's a Latin test in the morning, and I need to finish enrolling for fall classes because of a system glitch that needs to be ironed out. So I should probably try to get to sleep.

     Keep Calm and Carry On, right?
     "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:12-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment