Wednesday, April 4, 2012

American Idol Season 11 Top Eight - 80's Night

Good show! Gwen Stefani might be a good judge to consider hiring if they went with my "Start over with the judging panel" idea, she always gives good criticism whenever she's a mentor.

DeAndre Brackensick - I Like It - Annoying, forgettable, it was okay, I suppose. If you enjoy monkey-like screaming.

Elise Testone - I Want To Feel What Love Is - I liked the beginning. She looked weird, like she was wearing an ocean of material. The chorus wasn't great. Ending was awful.

Colton/Skylar - Islands in the Stream - They work well together. The song itself was forgettable and repetitive. Very nice.

Phillip Phillips - That's All - Cool opening. Nice. Very good, and it was awesome that he could play with his brother-in-law.  It'd be so great to have someone you could feel that comfortable playing with.

Hollie/DeAndre - I'm So Excited - Hmm. Strange pairing. She looked uncomfortable, he didn't. They both sounded all right, it was pretty good. The synchronized hair-flip was kind of cool.

Joshua Ledet - If You Don't Know Me Now - That suit scared me. I literally leaped back in fright when I saw it. He's consistent, at least; this season's Brooke White. That was AWFUL.

Jessica Sanchez - How Will I Know - It had that awesome guitar-keyboard thing that I don't know the name of! Nice outfit, cool guitar, the background singer looked ridiculous, I kinda liked it. Enough to give her one vote this week.

Phillip/Elise - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around - Awesome. Loved the guitar, vocals matched the tone of the song well, it was cool.

Hollie Cavanagh - Flashdance(What A Feeling) - Good. Her hair was fixed kinda odd, the makeup was strange, and she borrowed one of Taylor Swift's dresses. She did good tonight.

Jessica/Joshua - I Knew You Were Waiting For Me - Bad outfits, I liked the music. She did pretty well, he was awful. Even DeAndre could have done better than Joshua on that one.

Colton Dixon - Time After Time - Nice guitar, I like that song, I like Colton, it was great. That should go on his CD.

Skylar Laine - Wind Beneath My Wings - That was amazing. The light thing with the drum was neat, her dress looked kind of funny.  I was like, "Wow." all the way through.  Incredible.  

I like Colton's winter job, that sounds fun. And SchuyColt Facepainting is an awesome name. Hollie's dog looks like one I'd like to know. Definitely relistening to Colton, Hollie, and Skylar when I get a chance.

Bottom three-
DeAndre.
Elise.
(I really want to say Joshua here, but I'm not.) Hollie.
If Hollie goes home, and if the judges don't save her, I will be VERY ticked off. But she won't be in danger this week, because DeAndre finally wore out his welcome and is shoved onto a plane back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment