Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Quotes - Season Two, Part III

     Recapping the best quips, quotes, one-liners, and other well-written (or humorous) dialogue from the final third of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season two. Parts one and two of season two are there, and season one quotes can be found herehere and here.

Episode Fifteen, "One Door Closes".
     " I work for S.H.I.E.L.D., I swear. You don't." - Bobbi. "Try again." - May.
     "Fitz, why did you make me watch Paranormal Activity...?" - Skye to herself.
     (Not dialogue, but Simmons knocks Bobbi out in an awesome way.)
     "Agent Weaver." - Fitz. "It's been a while." "Are you working with them?" Simmons demands. "I could say the same about you." "We went to the Academy to look for you, but you weren't there. We didn't even know if you were alive." - Simmons. "If it weren't for Agent Calderone I wouldn't be. He co-opted a squadron of Quinjets to come to the Academy. He saved us. If it weren't for him, we would have lost...even more young talented minds that day." "Then why are you-" "-why are you betraying S.H.I.E.L.D.?" FitzSimmons demands. "Phil Coulson has no right to call this S.H.I.E.L.D. We obviously have a lot to discuss. But right now, I need your help, Jemma. Agent Mackenzie's injuries have stabilized, but I need you to take a look, see if we've missed anything." (They look at each other, then at Mack.) "There are few whose opinion I value more. And we could use your expertise." (Fitz barely nods; she gets up reluctantly and goes to check on Mack.)
     "You really think they'll help you?" - Coulson to Gonzales, about FitzSimmons. "They're S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. I'll let them make their own decisions." (May ices guard and Gonzales.) "I've already made mine." (She then uncuffs Coulson.) "That was a really nice entrance," he says.

Episode Sixteen, "Afterlife".
     "You want me to let you in on a little secret?! I've got a gen-u-wine, Honest Abe, God-given SUPERpower. Ya wanna know what it is?" - Pushy Used Car Salesman. "I'm afraid to guess," - Coulson.
     (FitzSimmons is being grilled by Gonzales and Bobbi about Fury's Toolbox; nobody can figure out what's in it or how to get inside.) "Maybe it's their favorite recipes," Fitz quips.
     "You've got to admit it, they're loyal." - Bobbi to Gonzales, about FitzSimmons. "Loyal to Coulson....not to S.H.I.E.L.D. That makes him a very dangerous person..." he growls.    
     "Well, at least they didn't take her. That means we can find her and - Well. That's new. Did she just get abducted by aliens?" - Hunter, watching Skye's episode in the exploding forest. Coulson watches, stunned. "I lost her..."
     "Where exactly are we?" Skye asks Lincoln. "No one really knows...the official name is Chinese, I think. 'Li She'? Doesn't exactly translate, so we just call it 'Afterlife'." "So, you say the name of this place is Chinese. Are we in China...?" "No idea. Gordon's the only one who knows where we are, and he's the only way in or out. He keeps us secret, and safe from the outside world." "Or it keeps us prisoners." "You're not very trusting, are you?"
     "There's loyalty and there's stubbornness. Tell me, Agent May, are you loyal to Coulson, or to S.H.I.E.L.D.?" - Gonzales. "They're the same," she replies. "Coulson's powered pet tried to kill seven of our agents. Dedicated S.H.I.E.L.D. agents with families, and you're gonna say that they're the same-" May blasts into him and the "real" S.H.I.E.L.D., defending Coulson and Skye. "We were chasing HYDRA. Which is what we should all be doing right now, instead of wasting our time on some witch hunt!"
     "S.H.I.E.L.D. and Skye gone in one day...how could I let that happen?" - Coulson. "There's no way you could have known. They fooled all of us." Hunter continues grouching about Bobbi and Mack ,"real" S.H.I.E.L.D. and Gonzales. "He's a brilliant tactician who's dedicated most of his life to S.H.I.E.L.D." Coulson interrupts. "I ran into him a few times at the Triskelion. He's a good guy." "Yeah, well, good guys don't usually try to stab you in the back." "Maybe he's got a point. I'm dead, after all. I shouldn't even be here.".
     "What's that?!" Hunter wakes up, terrified by a loud noise. "S.H.I.E.L.D." Coulson says. "Ours, or theirs?" "Theirs." "You want to go out guns blazing like Butch and Sundance? That didn't end so well." - Hunter. (Coulson hands him an ICER.) "ICERs only." "Oh, you can't be serious!" "Those are S.H.I.E.L.D. agents out there." "I doubt they feel the same way about us." "It won't come to that."
     "I saw everything, Jemma. Did you really want me to find out this way?" - Fitz, about the Toolbox. "Well, I was hoping you would, that way we can work together on this! Do you have any idea how valuable the information inside this could be? You need to help me get it out, get things back to normal." "Things will never go back to normal, can't you see that? Can't any of you see what you've done; you've destroyed a man's life. And for what?" (He picks up the Toolbox.) "Fitz. Put it down, right now." - Mack. "Cause of fear. Cause of fear of what's inside a little black box. Well, I don't believe in fear. I believe in trust, and I'm shocked that you would do this. You knew that this would drive me away, you may as well have packed my bags yourself." (She stares at him.) "You want me to leave, don't you, Jemma?"  "If we work for S.H.I.E.L.D., we have a duty to carry out our responsibilities. So perhaps it's best if you do."
     (Deathlok arrives on Quinjet and takes out S.H.I.E.L.D. guards.) "Backup," Coulson grins at Hunter. "Agent Hunter, meet Agent Peterson." "Call me Mike." (They shake hands.) "Ow....Quite a handshake you've got there...." Hunter mutters.
     "At some point, you should have mentioned that backup was a lethal cyborg...." - Hunter to Coulson. "Truthfully, I just wanted to see the look on your face when he showed up. Priceless." "Glad I amuse you...." "You know I can hear you up here." Mike tells them.
     "RAINA!" "Skye. Isn't this....interesting? I had a feeling I might see you...." "Skye..." Lincoln protests. "Please, let's just go." "Let her stay," Raina commands. "We have so much to talk about." "What happened to you?" "Destiny, apparently. I wanted to be set free, but now I can't even bear the light of day. I dread being awake, but my sleep is filled with such....horrible nightmares..." (She sighs and stands up.) "Children are so afraid of monsters. They should know it's worse to be one." "You got what you deserved." "And so did you." "I didn't deserve ANY of this. And you - YOU DID THIS TO ME!" "Skye..." Lincoln protests again. "No, YOU have brought nothing but pain into my life. My father! The Mists! My friend Trip died in there because of you!" "I didn't make you follow me into that chamber. You wanted to go. You needed to go. Because we're the same, Skye. We were the same before, and we're the same now." (Raina's been approaching closer and closer during this line.) "I am on the outside what you are on the inside." Raina reveals her hideous porcupine appearance. Skye snaps and almost force-chokes Raina to death. "ENOUGH." a voice stops them. The voice belongs to a woman named Jiaying.
     "I was right, wasn't I? She's here?" Cal asks Jiaying and Gordon. She smiles. "I told you I would find her, and I did." "You were right, Cal. It's Daisy. Our daughter."
     "I've tried everything in my power, but it's beyond anything I've ever seen or came across. I'm afraid it's just a worthless piece of junk..." Simmons explains to Bobbi and Mack. (Cut to Fitz escaping with the real Toolbox.) "Good work, Jemma." (He then digs deeper into his bag, finding a sandwich with a note: "PROSCIUTTO AND BUFFALO MOZZARELLA. BE SAFE! LOVE, JEMMA." He sniffs, then takes a bite.) "With a hint of pesto aioli."

Episode Seventeen, "Melinda".
     "Keep her safe out there." - Andrew to Coulson, about May just before they head to Bahrain. "She's supposed to keep me safe."
     "Fury's quietly started a new initiative. Instead of this catch-and-release with powered people, we form a team. Take Earth's mightiest to find out if they're heroes." - Coulson.
     "You're worried that I don't understand your choice. Well, sometimes that's the price of doing the right thing. No one will understand. And it hurts like hell." - May.
     (After a training exercise.) "Your gift is quite destructive. But look at the music you can make. That was amazing. So what, we'll drink from wooden cups at dinner." - Jiaying. (Skye looks shaken.) "What's wrong?" "Nothing. That's just it....everything is great here. It feels like home, which....never ends well." "Ends? We're not going anywhere." "Ya sure? Cause mistrust of home is my other superpower." "Where is this coming from?" (Skye bites her lip.) "Nothing. It's stupid. I broke a crystal decanter once at a foster family's house, and they...now, the glass, and...." "They sent you back for that?" "Well, I tried some of the Scotch, too. But, yes. Something....bad happens every time I feel settled somewhere. I'm 25 and I have never spent more than two years anywhere. The second I made friends at the orphanage....gone. I call a foster family 'home', it's 'pack your bags'...I got the news on my birthday once, which is a complete farce cause I don't even know when I was born." "I'm so sorry." "S.H.I.E.L.D. was the closest I ever came to having a family. I belonged there. Saw what I could be. Even that ended with....agents hunting me through the woods." "We're not gonna turn on you, or abandon you. This is a safe place." "See? You say that, but I know you're not being straight with me. Why do you care if I stay or go, and why do-" "July 2nd." (Skye stares at her blankly.) "You were born on July 2nd. It was, um, a hot night, and for some reason I decided to clean the house before I woke your father."
     "People have died when the process for selection and training has been ignored." - Jiaying. "But I already skipped that process." - Skye. "And I protected you from the swift response that usually brings." (Skye nods.) "It's happened before. There was a woman once. She didn't trust my judgement, so she stole a batch of Terrigen Crystals and fled. Got caught up with some criminals in Bahrain. Her name was Eva. Russian. Strong-willed, like you." "May....the Cavalry....I know this story. An agent went in and....killed her?" "I wish it had been that simple. She didn't steal the crystals for herself. She stole them for her daughter, Katya. I saw a darkness in the girl, I didn't think she should go through the Mist. But...Eva wanted Katya to receive her birthright, she trusted her judgement over mine. Katya was too young. She went insane. With one touch, she leeched off emotions like a parasite." (With Jiaying's narration, we watch the events in Bahrain.)
     "You have to let the girl go, Melinda. You did good. Now let the girl go." - Coulson.
     "Hunter!" Fitz shouts. "How did you ring Coulson's tablet?" Hunter asks, mystified. "Are you watching Mexican football? Where are you?" "An....undisclosed secure location?" "Fitz? How did you open Fury's Toolbox?" Coulson asks. "Don't worry, it's safe. I stole it first." "You stole it?" "Yeah." "Fitz, you're amazing. Can we meet up?" "Uh....I'm being followed. They're hopin' to grab me. I think they're hoping I'll lead them to you first. Thing is, would it still be okay if I came and hung out with you? Maybe you could show me how to shake a tail? Maybe you could start....like....now?" "You're in a bathroom, with one of those electric hand dryers?" Hunter asks, after getting Coulson's approving nod. Fitz looks around. "Uh....Oh! Yes!" Hunter grins. "You're gonna be okay, mate."

Episode Eighteen, "The Frenemy of My Enemy".
     "Little tip: You wouldn't have lost your footing if you woulda flipped into it." - Bobbi tells Mack during a sparring match. "A flip? Now you're just making fun of me." "Maybe a little bit. But it's not like I can bench-press a small hatchback..."
     "Good. It's time we have it all out in the open." - May. "...It's not exactly quite so simple...." "Simmons. What did you do?" "I duplicated the box. Switched out Fury's for a fake and all this time I've been pretending to be working on it when-" "Where is the real box now?" "....Fitz has it. I didn't know who else to turn to."
     "That mask on your face. Got any more of those lying around?" Mike asks Kara. "'Fraid not." "At least I have my winning personality."
     "You could have run. But you didn't. You risked your freedom for her. That says something about you, maybe there's some good left in you. Maybe your family, Garrett, didn't destroy all that. T.A.H.I.T.I. will erase all the bad, and let you be the man you want to be. Start over." - Coulson to Ward. "Free and clear?" "I give you my word as Director of S.H.I.E.L.D."
      "We want to find Skye, yes. But we are making a deal with...." - Fitz. "The devil." - Hunter. (Fitz sighs.) "I'm afraid it's in the job description, mate. Expedient alliances with despicable characters."
     "But the point is, he'll feel abandoned, and then people will get hurt." - Skye, about Cal. "Those people are not my concern." - Jiaying. "Well, they are mine. I'm a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent."
     (Ward and Kara kiss, Mike hammers on car window.) "Break it up! Let's go." (They open trunk to find Bakshi.) "This just gets better and better." - Coulson. "Not to worry...we're working with Director Coulson. And you're going to do whatever he says. Understand?" - Ward. "Of course. I'm more than happy to comply." - Bakshi.
     "So....I was going to find you, but after last night, I didn't want to overdo it. I tend to overdo...BIG overdo-er." - Cal. "Yeah, I noticed." - Skye. (They then have an awkward, but real, conversation about "home". Which in this case is Milwaukee.) "Can I come with you?" "Sure....I can show you around some of the old haunts...it'd be fun, why not?" "Okay, then. How about tomorrow?." "BEST. DAY. EVER!" .
    "You can't just leave him on the side of the road like an unwanted puppy. It's irresponsible. And cruel! For both the puppy and Cal! Cal's not a puppy, he's a pit bull. A raging pit bull who will attack if-" - Skye. "This isn't about the people you think you're responsible for." - Jiaying. "This isn't about them. It's about me. You asked me to be decent, give him one dinner. And I...empathize." "After one night, you understand him." "Yes. Because I spent my entire life searching for you. I lied and I broke laws just to get the tiniest sliver of information, and I had no memories of my family. Cal had memories! He knows what he lost!"
     "So, Fitz. How ya been?" - Ward. (Hunter and Coulson have to restrain Fitz from attacking Ward.) "Bakshi. He's just like Ward. He'll double-cross us the first chance he gets." "Yes, he would. If he were going it alone." - Coulson. "He's not?" - Ward. "He'll have a bodyguard. That'd be me." - Mike.
     "Our first father-daughter date. Well, 'date' might be the wrong word...Is that weird? Is this weird?" - Cal. "Yeah, it's weird. It's a little weird. This is weird." - Skye. (After a long rambling "what might have been" speech, he pulls himself up short.) "I'm sorry. Memory Lane isn't always all that fun to visit."
     "Does it matter[that HYDRA agents are everywhere]? He's got a cyborg with rockets in his arm." - Ward. "He's not a cyborg. He's a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. ...With rockets in his arm." - Coulson.
     "Bookstores: Dead. Video stores: Dead. Old-fashioned ice cream shops: Dead! The Internet killed everything." - Cal. "I'm not sure the Internet killed ice cream..." - Skye. (Later, after getting some ice-cream sandwiches.) "You're bored. Am I boring you?" - Cal. "No. You are a lot of things, but boring is not one of them."
     "Johnson. Is that your last name?" "Was. Pretty ordinary, huh? I changed it to something more sinister when I went on the run." "...Daisy Johnson," Skye whispers to herself. "Huh."
     "As much as you wish you could turn back the clock...you can't. You've got to move on now. We all do. Jiaying, she's responsible for all those people, and I - I'm an adult now." - Skye.
     "Whoever you are...you don't wanna do this. I'm a friend of Skye's." - Mike. "Sure. And I'm the Hulk!" - Lincoln.
     "We're outmanned, outgunned, and our only backup is Fitz. Your call, boss." - Ward.

Episode Nineteen, "The Dirty Half-Dozen".
     "Robert. It's good to see you." - Coulson. "Is it?" - Gonzales. "Okay, it's good to see my Bus. But hey, you look well, too."
     "At least your sarcasm still works..." - Lincoln, while trapped in a HYDRA prison. "What about that teleporting guy? He coming to help us out?" - Mike. "Hope not...think they're tracking him. It'd put all my people at risk." "Yeah. My people are just as outmatched. Only they're stupid enough to try it."
     "That's your plan?" - Gonzales. "I take it from your expression that you're not dazzled." - Coulson.
     "We got this video feed about an hour ago. It appears they took out Mike's eye." - Couslon. "Great....now we don't have eyes on the ground." - Bobbi. "Yeah we do. I'm got a man in there. Sunil Bakshi." - Ward. "I thought Bakshi was a HYDRA agent?" - Bobbi. "Not anymore. Now he works for me." "Says the HYDRA agent..." - May. "I'm not HYDRA anymore. Just an independent contractor trying to make amends." "We remain skeptical." - Gonzales. "With good cause." - Coulson.
     "You look upset. What's the matter?" - Firz. "I feel sorry for her." - Simmons, about Kara. "Well, you should've seen them back on the plane. It seems the two of them are in love with each other," - Fitz says, disgusted. "Whatever that is, it's not love." "No. Course not." (He snorts.) "Hey, thank you for packing that sandwich before I left. It was really delicious." She smiles. "You're quite welcome. But I simply don't understand why Coulson would take Ward on a mission!"
     "You should've told me." - May. "You're right. I should have. And I will apologize to you later, at length. But right now List has Mike Peterson and who knows how many enhanced people, and we need to go rescue them. Please?" - Coulson.
     "S.H.I.E.L.D. may be wrong about...a lot of things, but they never leave a man behind." - Skye to Gordon. "Skye's right....she can save Lincoln. I saw it." - Raina. "...You've seen it?" "We think....Raina's gift may allow her to see things before they happen." - Gordon. "I thought her gift was spinning really fast to collect gold rings?" "Be quiet. What did you see?" - Gordon. "What I saw didn't make much sense. Why would Coulson be working with Ward?"
     (Coulson, May, Fitz, Simmons and Ward are on a rescue mission. The Bus is pulled up just before takeoff, by...) "Skye." - Coulson. "Hey, guys." "Well. This is great! We finally got the team back together!" - Ward.
     (Stony silence is deafening during Ward's mission-prep briefing.) "Okay, uh....Can we just address the elephant on the plane? I know, this is weird. Mistakes were made." - Ward. "By you." - Fitz. "And...people got hurt." "By you." - Fitz again. "And I could stand up here and explain again how my parents...and brother, left me vulnerable-" "We've all had our traumas, Ward. Didn't turn any of us into psychopaths." - May. (They bicker over past injuries.) "No! We were a family, and you betrayed us." Fitz is near tears. "I know. And it's what I regret the most. Not the lying, not the killing of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents....I'm sorry, not even dropping you two into the ocean. It's this. My actions destroyed this  I'll regret that forever. Cause there were good times, right? Before? I mean, for a while there, we were a good team, were't we?" "...I'm still happy I shot you." - Skye. "Yeah, me too." - Fitz. "Shouldn't aimed for the face." - Simmons. "Yeah." - May. "Guys. I know this is...so weird. But we have to come back to the mission." - Coulson. (He then gives out assignments.) "And Ward? Just....no more talking. To people."
     "What can you tell me about her?" - Jiaying. "Raina? She's...manipulative. Dangerous. Deceitful. We had good times. You need to watch her."
     (After the Bus gets blown up; and team is escaping via Quinjet.) "I'm starting to think this wasn't a very good plan!" - Coulson.
     (Once inside base, with soldiers shooting at them.) "Just like old times, huh?" - Ward. "Not exactly." (Skye then earthquake-powers the soldiers away. Ward is shocked.) "...So that's what happened in Puerto Rico."
     "I always knew the team wasn't going to forgive me. Some people just....don't deserve forgiveness. But Kara? She does." - Ward.
     "Theta Protocol. Is it ready?" - Hill. "Yes, it is. Time to bring in the Avengers." - Coulson. (Meanwhile in Afterlife) "It was terrible. Consequences....men made of metal will tear our cities apart....and the world will be changed forever." - Raina to Jiaying.

Episode Twenty, "Scars".
     "You said Raina is manipulative. But is she dangerous?" - Jiaying. "That depends on how you define dangerous." - Cal.
     "What do you think I'm trying to do?" - Raina. "Oh, I don't know, CREATE CHAOS?!" - Cal. "Why would I do that?" "Because you THRIVE ON IT!!!"
     "I miss my plane." - May. "...Me too. Although, if you think about it, mostly terrible stuff happened on that thing." - Coulson.
     "You've proven time and again that you're not objective when it comes to Skye." - Gonzales to Coulson. "That's your opinion, not fact." - Bobbi. "You want facts? Ultron was created because people were too close to Tony Stark. They were blinded by his charm; they trusted him, never even thought to look at what he was working on. The Avengers, they let one man do whatever he wanted, and the world was almost destroyed for it. We're S.H.I.E.L.D. We're better than that. Or at least we should be."
     (Cal smashes a table in anger at S.H.I.E.L.D.'s coming to Afterlife.) "I'm sorry. That looked very old. Was it old?" (Jiaying sighs.) "Cal. You've met these people. Tell me honestly. Can we trust them?" "I only know a few of them, and none that I've enjoyed. Phil Coulson is my least favorite, but - He does care about our Daisy."
     "So, you're just going to let Gonzales waltz in there and have a Fireside Chat with Skye's mum?" - Hunter. "I am. Although that's a really strange way of putting it...." - Coulson.
     "I always knew that my life was building up to something, that I had a purpose. It's nice to finally see what it is." - Raina.
     "S.H.I.E.L.D. has a very long, and sometimes violent, history with enhanced people. But the truth is, sometimes good people get powers, and sometimes bad. We're there to protect the public when it's the latter." - Gonzales. "And how would you like me to help you do that?" - Jiaying. "I would like to meet your people. Learn about them. We'll keep a record of their powers, and if any try to do someone harm, we'll be there to stop them. That's why S.H.I.E.L.D. exists."

Episode Twenty-One, "S.O.S., Part I".
     "I don't believe Skye would turn against us." - Coulson. "You didn't see her fight me." - May. "Her mother had just been shot. I can believe she's confused."
     "Forget about the plane. Can you pull up the-" Hunter. "-footage of Bobbi from the base before she left. Good idea." - Fitz. "You know I am capable of finishing my own-" "-sentences, yes, you are. Sorry."
     "You knew. You knew it would all fall apart." - Skye. "I'm afraid so. Everyone says flowers are so delicate...they really are quite resilient." - Raina. "I'm not here to talk about botany." "No; you're here to ask questions about what's gonna happen next." "Yes." "Well, that's the tragedy, because even if I were inclined to tell you, you wouldn't believe me. Not with our history." "I don't care about the past-" "Well, you should. Because the past and the future are intertwined. Just like us. Our paths have been intertwined since before we even met. And I'm not talking about our DNA. You and I have spent our entire lives searching for our destiny....It is the thorn that protects the rose. Or in this case, the daisy." "Stop with the metaphors!" "It's not a metaphor. That's the irony. My true purpose, my destiny, is to help you become who you're supposed to be."
     "Ward's logic is rarely logical." - Coulson.
     "Tell me what drugs Cal took, because my gut's telling me everything ever made." - Coulson. "I haven't been able to fully sequence it yet, because of the multitude of trace drugs found, but an initial analysis reveals androgenic anabolic steroids, liver enzyme blocker, various metabolic enhancers, metanphetamines, what appears to be gorilla testosterone and, no lie, a drop of peppermint. I think it's an ill-conceived attempt at super strength." - Simmons. "Other than Cap, every attempt has been ill-conceived."
     "He remade himself. That's why I love him. And no matter what he does, I will always stand with Ward." - Kara. (That was a Twitter hashtag that went viral over the summer break between seasons one and two.)
     (Encountering another Inhuman ready for a duel.) "I can't wait to get off this boat..." - Mack.

Episode Twenty-Two, "S.O.S., Part II".
     "We both want the same thing." - Coulson. "What I want is to snap your spine like splinters." - Cal. "Except I don't think you really do." "Let's test your hypothesis." "Oh, I think you're willing to. But wanting to's a different thing. What we both want is to protect your daughter. You're a family man." "Who is sick of you sticking your nose in our business." "It was your devotion to them that made you willing to do those terrible things all those years ago, wasn't it?" "Shut up." "Nightmarish acts of violence that you didn't want to commit, did you? Your wife made you do it." "You don't know anything! Say one more word and I'll-" "I'm not saying anything. Your wife is a monster, Cal. I think you already know she's a monster. What I'm saying is, You're not." (Later, after much exposition, Coulson continues.) "She's not my daughter, but she's as close to family as I got. And I will save her, no matter what the cost."
     (Mack busts Skye out of a holding cell, much to her astonishment.) "Mack? Who's with you?" "Just you and me, Tremors. Your people just took over this ship. About a hundred or so prisoners. The rest are dead....I came here because I need your skills." "I can't use my powers. They locked these inhibitors on me." (She displays Simmons' gloves locked on.) "Not the skills I'm looking for." (He hands her a laptop.) "You have a history of hacking into S.H.I.E.L.D."
     "Agent May?" - S.H.I.E.L.D. soldier. "Not really." - Kara pummels him.
     "Melinda?" - Andrew answers his phone. "I just wanted to hear your voice." - May. "You haven't made a call like this since Bahrain." "...Yeah." "Well, then I know it's not good. You wanna tell me what's going on? How bad are we talkin'?" "There's no way it will end well. Andrew....there's a lot I didn't tell you, and I should have." "Me too. Do good, Melinda. And be safe." (She hangs up.)
     "You'll be careful." - Simmons. "I won't be careful. I'll get the job done." - Fitz. (He's prepping to go rescue the aircraft carrier held by the Inhumans.) "W-Well, watch your back; because I just saw Hunter with Bobbi, and it made me realize that -" (Talking really fast here) " I - Well - It's just that...we never really spoke about...what you said to me at the bottom of the ocean." "...This? ....Now? You want to talk about this now?" (She's nervous again.) "No! I mean....we - we don't....It means a lot to me that we're friends again, and I - I, um....maybe when you get back we could finally just...talk about it." "It's....There's nothing to discuss, Jemma." (She grabs his hand, holding him back.) "Maybe there is." (He stares, trying to comprehend this.) "Agent Fitz," Coulson pops his head in the room. "We're on the move." (He follows reluctantly, and she immediately starts bawling.)
     "It's Gordon, right?" - Mack asks casually. "And you are....?" (Mack's serious now.) "I'm the guy who kills Gordon."
     "What took you so long?!" - Mack asks Coulson and Fitz. "It's a big boat with poor signage." - Coulson. "What are those things?" - Mack to Fitz. "It's a quantum field disruptor. Should contain him here if he comes back." "Yeah, of course, why didn't I think of that..." "It's okay. You've been busy. And you're not a quantum physicist, so it's completely understandable."
     "...This is so long. For now. After all I've done, I'd be a fool to think I'd get a Hollywood ending. Came close! Found you; got to- You know, you're better than I imagined. I imagined you perfect, so...You're way more interesting than that." - Cal. "I wonder where I get that from..." Skye smiles, teary-eyed. "It's paradoxical, isn't it? My love for my family drove me mad. ...I know I'm going away for good, but I was hoping....you might come visit? Once in a while?" "I will. I promise." "That would be-" "Let me guess. The Best Day Ever." (They chuckle.) "You have a lot of those." Skye teases. "No. Just one. July 2, 1988." Cal says solemnly. (They hug, both crying.)
     "I'm done flying solo. I miss having a team around me." - Ward.
     "Can I help you?" a veterinarian asks a young woman on the sidewalk. "Just...passing by. Nice place." "Well, thanks. We're just getting up and running. It's gonna be a magical place once we get totally moved in. We already have adoption days every Saturday; tell your friends! Free spaying and neutering, too. Just ask for Dr. Winslow." (About to leave, he remembers his manners.) "I'm sorry. You are...?" "Daisy," the young woman answers. "That's a lovely name." He goes inside, calling, "Remember, a house is not a home without a pet!" The young woman walks up to a red '62 Corvette convertible and slides behind the wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment