Sunday, August 16, 2015

From the Blue Notebooks, Vol. 3

     From the spiral-bound notebook attempts at journaling I kept during the remodeling after the house fire. Editorial comments are in brackets. As this post is starting, just gotten back from SGYC my second year, where I'd gotten to know Jed and Jessica, and got to know Daniel, Ashland, Matt, Marshall, Madelyn, Nathan, Jake and Jojo better.

     Saturday, 8-1-09
     Hey,
     Wow, has a lot ever happened this week. The house might be liveable by next weekend, we just bought furniture for my room(from Pottery Barn, no less), we'll be visiting an old college friend of Dad's at his church, Nano's birthday was yesterday, she fell and broke her arm, football season is almost here, Cody broke his wrist, oh, and me, Mom and Courtney went to the Idol concert. Yeah, it's been kind of busy. Isn't it funny how people nearly always need some kind of help? It's odd, knowing you aren't the only one who needs help w/something. It's nice though, being able to pray for people.

     8-6-09
     Hey,
     Am I ever tired. Friday we went to Westville, did nothing Sat, but it didn't help. Sunday visited Dad's friend Ryan Goldemess[Galdemez], Sun afternoon stayed at the house w/Dad, Monday went to Beggs, spend the night, got back Tuesday night, was at Louise's all day yesterday, it stormed, today Dad watched the house, tomorrow we're back at Beggs, we'll spend the night (again :( ), work even more Saturday, then church on Sunday. Fun. See why I'm tired & stressed?

     Saturday, 8-8-09
     Hey,
     It's been a long week, & very tiring, but a good one. I visited Nano, Louise & Dad's friend Ryan Galdamez, worked on the house 4 days and read 2 3/4 books, as well as wrote 3 articles. Nice 8 days, hmm? I'm tired, but happy, cause church is tomorrow. Oh, Katie Haworth friended me on FB, that was neat. [Next-door neighbor in Morris.]

     Friday, 8-14-09
     Hey,
     Well, I'm tired. Mom's started staining the baseboards in the house. We need to get school started. Other than that, nothing really has happened.

     Monday, 8-17-09
     Hey,
     Today's Trevor's birthday, he's 7. He got a BB gun, army men-like firemen people, action figures, & a sword replica from Vision Forum. We'll start school sometime this week, that's good. We'll probably be at Westville sometime too, & we need to work on the house some more (yay).

     Monday, 8-24-09
     Hey,
     Louise's new room has a roof and walls now, the house isn't any farther along yet, but we might go over there later. Oh, speaking of church, well, its about time for another disaster, right? Mr. Gundersen will be taking a leave of absence(isn't that redundant?) School is going okay, too slow, but we are getting stuff done. I'm kinda worried about Maddie. Life hasn't exatly been that great for her lately. I'll need to pray for her. A lot.

     Tuesday, 8-25-09
     Hey,
     Today was a good day. Alicia was visiting Louella, so we went to see her new baby, Case. I mowed Bob's yard, got $10 for doing it, then got a Rascal Flatts CD, "Greatest Hits", talked to Maddie, & tried out the Brownie Pizza recipe I took from Louise's magazine. Oh, & I talked to Louise for a while. Anyway, the pizza was good. Oh, one, no, two bad things. We didn't go to the Drillers game tonight(only 2 weeks left for Drillers Stadium) & I broke the vaccum[vacuum].

     Saturday, 8-29-09
     Hey,
     Man, I'm almost crying and I don't even have a reason for it, other than I'm just sick of this. I know Dad's stressed, but still, it's like EVERYTHING is wrong. I'm trying to do right, it's just never good enough. We are a little tiny bit closer to moving in, Rick Selby's helped w/the staining. We're all so stressed, & they(Courtney, Caleb and Trevor) never stop fighting, we're falling apart at the seams. I can't talk to Maddie about it, she has enough to deal with. Same deal w/Cody, Daniel & Jessica. Daniel's started college, he's worried about that. I wish I could help him, I just don't know what to say. Cody's busy with school & healing his broken wrist, & Jessica is starting school at a public school this year, plus Rick's job search. So, they're all out. Where else can I go?

     Saturday, 9-5-09
     Hey,
     OK, we're at Beggs, we're staying the night, & staying the next night too. We're getting closer to being moved in, which is good. Henryetta, well, it'll be a change. Anyways, they lost last night, 52-14. Fun. Things seem to be getting, Idk, in focus, I guess ya could say. House: nearly done, country: deteriorating rapidly, friends: doing okay. Shoot, I even think I know why I created Dusty. The reason, I think, is so I know how to handle things, encourage people. [Dusty was a Webkinz character.] Mr. Gundersen resigned last week. It's sad, and it sucks, but we'll survive. Oh, and singing? I'm going to try to chase it. Not sure where it will end, but I'll try to go after it. Change brings adventure. Hang on, & enjoy the ride.

     Wednesday, 9-9-09
     Hey,
     WE WENT 2 CHURCH 2NITE! It was the 1st time since November. We're working on the floor, football season is underway, things are going pretty good lately. Kinda neat it's Sept 9th, 2009, isn't it? And it's day 252, which is 9, too. Interesting, huh? Got the Christmas story sent to Annette, that's going good. [The first draft of a short story I wrote the outline of down on the inside of a Town House cracker box, it was another idea to possibly turn into a script. That never happened.] It's slow going, but life is sliding back to normal. Well, whatever "normal" is.

     Friday, 9-18-09
     Hey,
     It would've been Mimi's birthday today. She'd have been 62. Drama started yesterday, it was great to see the gang again. Not exactly thrilled about the game tonight, but hey, they might win. We've been busy laying floor, it's tiring. Not really sure what the future'll be like, course, you never are. Anyway, it's going okay, life is.
 
     Saturday, 9-19-09
     Hey,
     Frontier Days was today. Valerie did a great job. :) (side note: it's really hard to draw emoticons.) Glad we're back in Tahlequah, but it's been a good week. So I guess I'm tired, but happy. [Frontier Days is Beggs' town festival, Valerie was in charge of coordinating it that year.]

     Wednesday, 9-30-09
     Hey,
     It's, well, nearly over. After 9 months, 3 weeks and 1 day, we're moving back in Saturday. Weird. This whole thing has been. It's strange that it ended. Not sure why, but it is. I'm Internet deprived, haven't checked Facebook since Friday, or done Webkinz since last Tuesday. Will it take long to get settled? Yeah. Will it take awhile for Dusty to get in a jam again? Probably not. We'll miss drama tomorrow. I haven't memorized my lines yet. [This would have been "The Apple", I played an art critic named Ebee, who loved needless complexity. It was a really fun role.]

     Wednesday, 10-14-09
     Hey,
     Got a letter from Maddie today. That was nice. She's a good person to know. I guess the Taillefer's house sold about a month ago, but Rick still hasn't found a job yet. We've been a little sick, missed church tonight and Sunday. Drama's tomorrow, & The Big Game. [Morris Eagles vs. Henryetta Knights; the biggest rivalry in Okmulgee County sports.] I got to think up a better title for that. Anyway, it's tomorrow night. It'll be odd watching from Henryetta's side of the field. Henryetta lost in the state softball tourney, 1st round. And Katie's Eagles lost too. My phone's been dead for nearly 2 weeks, & I don't know where the charger is. It's annoying. But overall, things are going pretty well. had a Dr. Denslowe appointment yesterday.

     Sunday, 10-25-09
     Hey,
     Not much has happened since the last time I wrote, we missed church again today. And the Soukups were there today, too. Oh well. We've put a lot of the floor down this week, but we'll probably run out of wood before we're done. Schoolwork's gone all right...when Mom has time to correct it. STILL without a phone. Its not that fun to be without it. No improvements in guitar. Courtney had a good birthday Wednesday, I'm pretty sure Annette did, & I hope Caamen's went okay. Henryetta won't win, I don't think. Basketball can't be much worse, can it? This pen is out of ink.

     Friday, 10-29-09
     Hey!
     Henryetta won! They beat Beggs, in overtime, 29-23. [This was HUGE. And their only win of the year; over their second-biggest rivals. And for me, it was weird, having previously covered Beggs.] Kaylon[Kalon; the son of Dad's boss] messed up his knee. Mom & everybody is in Westville, went over to the Free Lance office today, helped pass out candy. It's been a up & down week. Monday passed the reading test and got a phone charger, but failed the vision test & visited NaNa in the hospital. Tuesday went all right, Wednesday okay. Yesterday was drama, which was great, & then me and Amanda Taillefer got to giving each other a hard time(after me & Jessica picked on her & Jed all week), & the sunshine came out. Today was a mostly good day, last night Mom & Dad killed a monster snake in the garage. [That was the first time Amanda and I talked. I only added her as a FB friend because she was Jessica's sister, and I didn't want to be rude. Glad that happened.]

No comments:

Post a Comment