Friday, August 14, 2015

Start of Senior Year

     Moved back to Claremore and into the dorm-apartments of UVB yesterday morning, beating the rush of freshmen and everyone else; so that was good to get settled in quickly. Organized everything, met my roommate Dalton when he moved in late afternoon; he seems like a cool guy so far. He's studying nursing. Got the last two books I needed, organized my stuff, alphabetized the CD collection, then joined a random basketball game that was going on, and then played volleyball over at UVA for about an hour, also with a bunch of strangers. Worked on a blog post, that took a while. Stopped for the night around midnight; fell asleep about one.

     Woke up after a tense six hours of sleep, timed the commute between apartment and classrooms(four minutes, ten seconds), started in on studying, and wrote some more. Most of today has been finishing up the financial aid details, which has been stressful and exhausting. Took a quick "Hillcat"-nap this afternoon. Tonight I went and practiced volleyball for a while, and some girls dropped by and asked if I wanted to start a game. Then a bunch of tall athletic guys jumped in, played for about an hour and a half. I was one of the last people to leave, helping a guy named Randall teach his wife how to set a ball. Dalton said that Randall is in charge of Chi Alpha, which I guess is some type of campus ministry.

     So, by my standards, I've been really outgoing so far. Studied some more, then more writing. Probably going to watch Netflix in a minute. Classes start Monday. Oh, there's been lots of wandering hikes across campus just to stay moving. I think I made four full loops around campus today. Texted Daniel, it was good to hear from him.

     The first CD to be played in the new player was Carrie Underwood's Play On, the first song played was "Temporary Home", and that song was followed by "Someday When I'll Stop Loving You" and "Play On". It was followed by most of Garth Brooks' CD Fresh Horses(which has "Beaches of Cheyenne" and "Ireland"). Also listened to Taylor Swift's first two albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment