Friday, August 14, 2015

From the Blue Notebooks, Vol. 2

    The second part of recapping my spiral-bound notebook attempts at keeping a journal. Editorial comments are in brackets. At the start of this post, we're about halfway through remodeling after the fire, I've just turned 16, and in a month I'll be going to SGYC for the second time. I will soon begin working as a freelance sportwriter for the Henryetta Free Lance. 

     Saturday, 6-6-09
     Hey,
     Well, we got a lot done this week, but you couldn't really tell by looking. Mostly house decor stuff. We'll be painting a lot next week, not sure if we can squeeze any tennis in there or not. I doubt that will happen. Unhappily, me & Maddie have been playing phone tag all week, Sunny's been over at Rockabilly's, & I've been able to get nowhere in my search 4 Henryetta & Dewar info. Aw, well. :)

     Wednesday, 6-10-09
     Hey,
     We went & saw Nano today. That was nice, she didn't feel that great, though. Then when we got back I played Wii for way too long. After playing Webkinz too long this morning. Oh, well. We painted some yesterday. Still haven't got anywhere yet with Henryetta, Cody's @ SuperSummer, still haven't talked to Maddie lately. That's almost a month now :( Camp is in 6 weeks, yay. :) I'm not sure why, I'm just kinda down lately. And worried. Not sure about what, though. And I'm worried that I worry so much. I'm a real character, aren't I? Dayla had a car wreck last Wednesday, and typically, won't slow down. Mom's always telling me to do that, too, to slow down, it's just I don't honestly know for sure if I know how to relax. [This has always been something I've struggled with.]

     Thursday, 6-12-09
     Hey,
     OK, we went to Beggs to Jenks to Sapulpa, to Tulsa, to Jenks, to Sapulpa, to Beggs, back here[Tahlequah]. Long day, I know. However, we got almost all the shopping for lights done today, & made made it through two scary looking storms, & lightning is flashing outside the window. TV went all digital today. Oh, & had a good long conversation w/Maddie yesterday. Logan's in Tulsa now. [My cousin; he'd just moved from Ohio.]

     Sunday, 6-14-09
     Hey,
     Dad got a iPhone yesterday, Amy's been sick, we missed church today(drat) that's about all that's happened lately.

    Thursday, 6-18-09
     Hey,
     Two things happened yesterday, #1, I got a email account. #2, I got on Facebook, after nearly 16 months pestering by Marie.

     Friday, 6-26-09
     Hey,
     Dad's working @ the river tonight, he just got 2 new computers for $250, so, that's cool. The news of full of Michael Jackson dying yesterday, that's getting old fast. We went & visited Bob & Louella, that was nice, & I learned (and recorded) lots of history. Still haven't heard from Valerie yet, but she's still busy getting the Free Lance up & running, I suppose. I made some headway yesterday, had a talk w/Kenny Spears, HHS football coach. He seems like a mix of Craig & Truesdell, w/a little Josh Calvert thrown in. [Beggs football coach, Beggs tennis coach, and Kiefer football coach, respectively.] Coaches are cool people, if you're careful how you write about them.

     Sunday, 6-28-09
     Hey!
     Madd - is - back!! Not exactly how I pictured thier[their] return(or her) but hey, if the Soukups are back at GBC, don't matter what they look like, I'm happy. Fergs weren't here today. We went looking for floors, didn't find any yet. Hayden is visiting Louise & Harry, Caleb & Trevor want to make him into a "country boy". Dad, me and Caleb went to a Drillers game last night, they were shellacked by Springfield 9-0. Things 2 do tomorrow: schoolwork, cleaning, send in article, read, play outside, maybe call Cody or email Daniel. I'm way to[too] excited to sleep. [This was a joyful day. That game was the last one I ever attended at Drillers Stadium; they moved to their new place downtown, ONEOK Field, the next year.]

     Friday, 7-3-09
     Hey,
     This has been a long, interesting, tiring, week. Sunday the Soukups showed up, Mondat went over to Louise's, Tuesday went to Bass Pro & worked on the house, Wednesday worked at the Free Lance office, then worked on the house, Thursday stayed at the house alone, worked on it more, & had another dream reality experience. Today worked on the house & got back a hour ago. Tomorrow: hang at Louise's, Sunday: church, possibly talk w/Mr. Soukup. That dream? Well, Minnie IS alive still, & I really was alone at the house when she showed up. It was in the pasture in the morning, not front porch at night, but still. That's like, 4 times this has happened. Its freaking me out.

     Saturday, 4th of July, 2009
     Hey,
     Another holiday well, not exactly wasted, more like snuck up on us. It went OK though. We went to Louise & Harry's, saw Vonda, Trish, Damon, Mike, Mike's kids Ian and Haley, Trish's dogs Mason & Marley, Hayden, Lillianne[Lilyanne], Caleb[Damon's son], his girlfriend Samantha & their baby Jacob. Lot of people, kind of. Cody & Annette just got back from South Carolina last night, they were on a mission trip, & they had a blast. Wonder how the Graham's cookout went? Hope nobody blew up their hand like Justin Selby did last year. Man, Melody was freaking out more than he was. I'll have to ask Josh, Marie & Maddie. Caasmen, well, he's...well, still the same guy he was before they moved. It's near 11, but I'm nowhere near tired. Course, thee is church 2morrow. So I guess I should try to sleep.

     Sunday, 7-5-09
     Hey,
     Yes, I know this is 3 days in a row, but things happened today, too. First off, it's been 10 years since the day we adopted Sport. 2nd, we MADE IT TO SUNDAY SCHOOL. On time, even! 3rd, we, uh, had the, um, "battle" today. Didn't go so well. Kind of....unnerving, I guess. Roy & Julie are officially together, I'm not exactly surprised, just....uh, I wasn't expecting it. [That lasted about a month.] And, we WENT 2 THE MOVIES. Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs. That's 4 movies in the last 10 years, & 2 in the last 4! (Inspector Gadget, 1999. Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie, 2003. Cars, 2006.)

     Thursday, 7-9-09
     Hey,
     Not much happened today, I'm just writing cause I can't fall asleep. Mom had a homeschool meeting to go to, & we were going to spend the night(side note here, but I wishe we did sleepovers. They've always sounded like lots of fun.) but then the meeting was canceled, so we went to Ross, PETCO & Hobby Lobby, then came home & visited Louise & Harry, then Annie came over with her grandson Rylin. dad's pretty down lately, will the house EVER be done? Randy[the contractor] finished up his stuff today, now we get to do the rest. Fun, huh?

     Friday, 7-10-09
     Hey,
     Today was a good day. We had to go to Wal-Mart, & on the way we found some garage sales, Amy got clothes, I found some CDs & we got a lot of books. Then Harry took me to the NSU Playhouse to see their summer thing(one of them, anyway). I think I found the "something more" I've wanted from choir programs. It was called "Turn Your Radio On", & was bits of a week's worth of music on 200.9 KNSU(that's made up, obviously. It. Was. Great. I wonder how Maddie is? Or Brenna? Camp's in a week and a half. I can't wait! Besides me, it'll just be Josh, Kerra, the Muellers & Kerra's pal Caitlin Wilson. Let's hope Kevin [Boyer}remembers to be very clear about room assignments this time...:)

     Sunday, 7-12-09
     Hey,
     7 months today. It's been a long way, but ya know, God's been there. All our church people, pals like Cody, Roy, Maddie, Annettte & Josh & Marie, they've all been there, in their own ways. Daniel, for the Biblical counsel, and family, for, well, nearly everything. Also, well, it sounds odd to write it all down, but I've also gotten encouragement from total strangers, people like Fuzzy, Alli, Dex, Lizzy, Cheer, Soda & Rox. [Webkinz contacts.] God sure does work in odd ways, huh? I hope that somebody, someplace, might maybe get interested in Christ through me.

     5:51 am, Monday, 7-20-09
     Hey,
     Getting ready 4 camp to go there in a hour. At the Fergusons waiting on everyone to wake up. What will this year be like? [AMAZING. The recap is here.]
     later 9:40 pm
     Today was different. We knew where we were going, knew people, & knew what to expect. OK, we were late getting here(like that's news), the camp pastor(Mack Tomlinson, TX) was very late, UVC was rained out, but I got to work on my ping-pong skills. It went too fast. It's like the 1st game of a new football season. It's different, yet normal. New. Old. It was a good day. [Mack Tomlinson didn't get to Beth-Eden until about 8 p.m.; so from dinner to general session everyone just stayed in the dining hall talking, playing ping pong and marveling at how much rain there was.]

     Tuesday, 7-21-09
     Hey,
     We played volleyball in pouring rain, won 15-12 over Red, shot mini golf in freezing puddles, then played cabbage ball in a drizzle. Very wet day. It was fun thought. It's just going way 2 fast. [That WAS a memorable day! Everyone was soaked all through. My team was Green; almost every one of my teammates had a name beginning with J or M. That was weird. but those teammates included Jed, Jessica, Jojo, Jake, Marshall and Maggie.]

No comments:

Post a Comment