Saturday, August 22, 2015

The One About Planned Parenthood's Atrocities

     I know I'm just one more voice in the blogosphere, and I really hate talking about trending topics in real life, because they  become dead news so quickly. But, like the gay-marriage celebration and Confederate flag slamming of a couple months ago, or last winter's post about the dishonesty of social media, sometimes you just have to write.

    I dislike the tone of most of Matt Walsh's blog posts. He writes in a very angry, condescending manner. But a lot of the points he makes I pretty much agree with. It's just that I wish he could find a better way to say it. (This could also apply to talk radio.)
     Most of this Planned Parenthood video-expose thing I haven't paid much attention to, because they sound incredibly graphic, and I'm squeamish. It's why I couldn't be a veterinarian. But I just read Walsh's post about the videos and actions of PP. And it made me want to do three things: Throw up, cry really hard, and try to say something about it, since as the Edmund Burke quote goes, "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing."

     Planned Parenthood is killing people. And then dismembering babies. Sometimes while they're still alive. A nurse says that she's extracted the face of a living human baby in order to reach its' brain for harvesting. This is not science fiction, or even a horror movie. Somehow, this is real life.

     "Always after a defeat and a respite, the Shadow takes another shape and rises again."
     "I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
     "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But it is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. And already, Frodo, our time is beginning to look black. The Enemy is fast becoming very strong. His plans are far from ripe, I think, but they are ripening. We shall be very hard put to it. We shall be very hard put to it, even if it were not for this dreadful chance."
     This passage is from J.R.R. Tolkien's Fellowship of the Ring, chapter three, page 50. Gandalf continues his speech, leading to this quote ten pages later: "But you have been chosen, and must therefore use what strength and heart and wits as you have."

     Jesus told his disciples in Matthew 10:16-20:  "I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves. But be on your guard against men; they will hand you over to the local councils and flog you in their synagogues. On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say, for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you."
     In 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18, Paul reminds us to "Pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."  

    "And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" Mordecai asks his cousin in Esther 4:14.
     Maybe we're in 1930's Germany. I'm not Dietrich Bonhoeffer, but I can question what's going on. And I can keep writing, as Professor Semrow urged. Wake up, people. Act against this, somehow. I don't know what to suggest for that; but there's been a lot of protests recently. Maybe if it builds up enough, things will start to happen.

     "It's our choices that make us who we are. And we can always choose to do what's right." - Peter Parker, Spider-Man 3.     

No comments:

Post a Comment